Writing Inverse World

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
After taking a long hiatus from writing (except for contests and English essays), I think it's time for me to get things running back up. I've discovered the reasons why most of the stories I've attempted to write on here have never been completed: it's either this, I lost the motive, or that, I got bored of it.

...alright, I'll just quit blathering on and tell you how I'll be coming up with these chapters: it all started a few months ago when one night, I had the itch to make a comic strip about Callis, a 14-year-old girl who one day has some sort of accident that leaves her all alone in a world that is the reverse of the Earth she once knew. As for the events after this? You'll have to read on.

---

(if anyone wants me to add a table of contents here, just ask)

---

Prologue

'Twas a stormy night on the island nation of Aikrales. Its inhabitants were worried, for clouds rarely hovered near its atmosphere, much less did it rain in Aikrales. Yes, sometimes hurricanes came in near, but even so, bad weather was extremely exotic for this normally peaceful island of the North. But nonetheless, bad weather could only mean one thing: bad luck.

Young Callis, an Aikralean, didn't really believe in bad luck -- so she ignored her parents' warnings to stay away from the outside world on a Friday the thirteenth. She walked out barefoot onto the wonderful, moist grass. Yes, seldom did it rain in Aikrales, but that didn't mean it was bad luck. Rain with lightning was only bad luck. And Callis didn't see any lightning light up the dark sky.

"Hah! Bad luck, they say. How's wet grass gonna hurt me, huh? Ain't there no lightning. Nor there be bad luck sailin' around in the air. Rain feels wonderful on my skin!" Callis laughed, drawing shapes in the mud with a twig. She put her foot in and wiped away the shapes with it.

Wait a second, Callis thought. Something's wrong. My foot ain't moving.

Suddenly,

Back