Intelligent Discussion

I was pondering on a quetsion which struck my intelligence. "Is it possible to reverse Global warmings affects?" Can you mend the earth's atmoshere and can you refreeze the ice caps? I would prefair a accurate answer or some brain storms or thoughts about my question.
I am aware that people are carrying out activites designed to put a stop to GB but can their work help mend the poor defencles planet to a place where all is clean, fresh and nature occupies its self as normal? Without anything rebelling agensit all that is good?

Gamefreak734 said:
I was pondering on a quetsion which struck my intelligence. "Is it possible to reverse Global warmings affects?" Can you mend the earth's atmoshere and can you refreeze the ice caps? I would prefair a accurate answer or some brain storms or thoughts about my question.
I am aware that people are carrying out activites designed to put a stop to GB but can their work help mend the poor defencles planet to a place where all is clean, fresh and nature occupies its self as normal? Without anything rebelling agensit all that is good?

We're talking about human beings here, so no. :p

I don't see why we couldn't fix it, given enough time and energy science allows us to do some pretty crazy things. We could even use the extra-heat in the air as a source of energy, use it up (in a sense), and cool things down at the same time.

Unfortunatley, every time we humans try to make something in nature better, we make it worse. -_-
We'd probably invent the machine, only to find out that it releases 2x more GHG's then it takes in. Then we'd have to get rid of it. We just need to make a bigger transition. We have few energy efficiant cars at the moment. Why? Because it costs probably half of what ti will cost to replace the cars we're making right now. -_-
I'll pretend that makes any sence. If we take all the money out of the space funds, and car funds, and for that matter, any buiding funds, we should have enough to start building some electric cars and green buildings. So why aren't we? Because Chanie's puupet is sitting on his duff. And because humans value power over their own planet. And in this sick century, money is power. Even in are Pokemon community, the same is true. Greed rules over all.

As someone who takes an active interest in cosmology I'm going to completely disagree with you on taking away funds from space projects. But you raise a point of how badly the government can spend it's money. For example, the London olympics is due to be held in 2012. The cost?

9.3 billion.

That's right. And don't forget this is in british pounds, so for all you americans it's roughly double that in dollars.

okay let me rephase my question. Is it possible to NATURALY reverse the affects of global warming. So if we did nothing about it but stoped all pollution,etc. Could it reverse its self?

bacon said:
As someone who takes an active interest in cosmology I'm going to completely disagree with you on taking away funds from space projects. But you raise a point of how badly the government can spend it's money. For example, the London olympics is due to be held in 2012. The cost?

9.3 billion.

That's right. And don't forget this is in british pounds, so for all you americans it's roughly double that in dollars.

True, but as much as I support space travel, and learning about our universe, I don't think it's worth Billions and Billions of dollars to land a man on mars, if there's no earth for him to return to. These are just my priorities though. After a long while, when we can stop the affects of global warming, then we can pick up the space travel again. The olymics are another great example of money waste, but that's only once a year. Take a look at American pennies. They cost more to make then they're worth. And there are easily 10 of billions, if not trillions of American pennies in the us.

Gamefreak: Unfortunatley, no. Nature might be able to stablize the conditions, but it would not just disappear.

Well, scientists were saying that the polar ice-caps were re-freezing
Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Just because you live on the most lopsided place on the world in terms of weather, doesn't mean we all do -_-

Don't you know how things can escalate? In about 100 years, it's possible that the whole world is submerged. Now, I doubt you'll live to 113 years old, but I don't think you'd like to die via drowning.

I'm just saying that personally, I think that Global Warming is inevitable and unstoppable but it is delayable.

If we want nature to re-set itself, we must get rid of every last trace of every last green house gas, and maintain that statuts for hundreds of years. We're too impashiment for that, humans are all about instant results. Delaying is not an option, if we can minimize the damage it's causing, then that should be our main focus. And it's called Global Tempature Change

Just use mass birth control. Then, the next generation won't continue to destroy the world. Humans have already exceeded the Earth's carrying capacity by BILLIONS.

Wiping out the human race is what we're trying to prevent. And no one would agree to that. And who says the next generation won't keep destroying the world? When someone throws a pop can on the ground, they don't consider that they're destroyin g the world, and it's doubtful that the next generation will, if there aren't enough people to tell them.

Back