Ruling Infernape MD,Electivire SW, and Scramble Energy

Lunar Wing

I see the you if you don't see the me
Advanced Member
I took a close look at Infernape MD and Electivire SW. Fore Infernape's attack if you had an activated scramble attached to him and attacked using Mega Bravo the attack would do 120 damage (40xFire Energy discarded). With Electivire's attack Discharge you have to discard all Electric Energy attached to him and flip a coin for each Electric Energy you discarded. So wouldn't you get to flip 3 coins? Or does that activated scramble count as only one Fire Energy when discarding it from Infernape and one Electric Energy when discarded from Electivire? (Sorry if this is a bit confusing)

Po-Po-Pocchama said:
I believe the was an Errata on Vire SW that makes it into Energy Cards therefore it is different wording

There was:

Compendium said:
Electivire's "Discharge" attack should say "for each Electric Energy CARD" rather than just "for each Electric Energy". (Nov 16, 2007 Pokemon Organized Play News)

So an active Scramble is still just one card, so only one flip. And if it's not active, it doesn't provide Electric Energy at all, so no flips and it doesn't get discarded.

Infernape has no errata, so play it like it says. 40 for each Fire Energy, so an active Scramble ups the attack by 120.

Back