• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

In the Zone! - Magnezone (Masters, Anything)

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
With the release of Magnezone Prime, I thought I might try to run Magnezone (again), to see what new benefits that Maggy Prime and the new cards could bring to this deck.

Below is my decklist. Keep in mind the following:
I am in Masters division. Virtually any good competitive deck will go, but the most abundant ones are SPs (Luxchomp is very common) and anti-SPs (such as Gengaplume and Mightyena).

This decklist was created with the Redshark export function. As you can see, it's arranged by stage, not by evo lines.

POKEMON: 20
Level-Up: 1
1 : Magnezone LV.X, LA-142
Stage 2: 3
2 : Magnezone, SF-6
1 : Magnezone, SF-5
Stage 1: 4
3 : Magneton, SF-43
1 : Manectric, PL-11
Basic: 12
3 : Magnemite, SF-66
1 : Azelf, LA-19
2 : Uxie, LA-43
2 : Unown Q, MD-49
3 : Spiritomb, AR-32
1 : Electrike, PL-74

TRAINERS: 28
Trainers: 9
2 : Rare Candy, UL-82
1 : Premier Ball, SF-91
2 : Warp Point, MD-88
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
3 : Energy Exchanger, UD-73
Supporters: 13
3 : Cyrus's Conspiracy, PL-105
4 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
1 : Flower Shop Lady, UD-74
3 : Professor Oak's New Theory, GS-101
2 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
Pokemon Tools: 2
2 : Expert Belt, AR-87
Stadiums: 4
2 : Broken Time-Space, PL-104
2 : Conductive Quarry, SF-82

ENERGY: 12
Special Energy: 6
2 : Warp Energy, SF-95
2 : Double Colorless Energy, GS-103
2 : Metal Energy (sp), RR-100
Basic Energy: 6
6 : Lightning Energy, GS-118

My initial thoughts on the deck:
Since Magnetomb (Gyro Ball Magnezone + Spiritomb) was very big at one point, I figured I might as well take that concept and tweak it around a little, hence why you can see 3 Spiritombs in the deck. Most of this stuff is standard but I made a few tweaks myself to make the deck more fluid (in my opinion, anyway).

Drifblim - 2-2 is really the most I would need. It has free retreat, is a stage 1, and is a tech that can not only fill up my bench, but also recycle cards from the discard pile. And since I can't search for energies all that well I thought this might be a good idea.

Magnezone Prime - ...I think it might be a good idea, due to its Poke-Power. I'm not sure if I want to run him or not. If I don't, I'll run 2 MagSearch instead. (The reason the Special Metals are in the deck is for the LV.X and potentially the MagSearch.)

Heatran LV.X - Thought about it. Found it was impractical. Don't suggest Heatran LV.X to me. (Nidoqueen, maybe.)

Manectric - It is an Electric deck, after all. Why not run this guy to protect my bench from damage? It'll protect my potentially fragile bench from Garchomp-related threats.

And that's basically the deck in a nutshell. If you will notice, there are no Bebe's or Luxury Ball in the deck. That is an oversight on my part. If you can make a good suggestion where I could fit the Lux Ball in, please do so.

Constructive suggestions are welcome!

RE: In the Zone! - Magnezone, Masters Meta

I've played this deck before, and it is very good. But, I'd still not recommend going for Magnezone Prime. Magnezone [L] and Magnezone [M] (both from SF) are staples in the deck, with Magnezone [M] for searching. If you are running only 1 Magnezone [L], it's not as consistent in case of KO and Energy recovery than running 2 Magnezone [L]. Even with Azelf.

Next up, Bebe's. Bebe's > Elm's, since you can grab the Uxie when necessary. Drop the Elm's, Bench Shield (you have Manectric), and Department Store Girl for four Bebe's.

Lastly, I'd highly recommend taking out Drifblim. With Magnezone SF (both) and Flower Shop Girl, your Energy/Pokemon recovery should be good enough. Drifblim wastes your attack, and odds are you won't desperately need the Trainer, Supporter, or Stadium. Put in maybe Looker's, PONT, or Copycat for draw. They are also your best bets for getting Energy.

Unless Meta is some type of Event I don't know about, you're going to need a real Event in the Title. XD

dmaster out.

Meta is short for metagame; should I not have capitalized it?

@Gliscor: It's good to hear from someone who's actually played Magnezone before. I used to run it with a few other cards right when Stormfront was released and it actually did okay. I took out the Prime as you suggested and added a Connectivity one. I also took your Bebe's suggestion, and as for Drifblim, I dumped the line and replaced them with PONTs and a Luxury Ball.

As it stands right now I have almost all the cards I need (Warp Energy, 1 Magnemite, 1 Electrike, 1 Collector, and the PONTs) are all I need to worry about getting, but fortunately I have all the other pieces so far. I've edited the initial post accordingly.

Back