Ruling "In between turns"

R

Rehin

"Asleep
If a Pokémon is Asleep, it can't attack or retreat. As soon as a Pokémon is Asleep, turn it sideways to show that it's Asleep. After each player's turn, flip a coin. On a heads, the Pokémon wakes up (turn the card back right-side up), but on a tails it's still Asleep, and you'll have to wait until after the next turn to try to wake it up again."

My question is relevant to the "Each players turn" line. A friend of mine and I had a dispute. He believes that this means after we have both attacked, he must flip a coin. I see it as after I attack, he must flip a coin, and after he attacks, he must flip a coin. This problem has arisen with Flygon Lvl. X as well, as far as Wind Erosion goes. I feel as though my claim would be supported by leftovers,

99-leftovers.jpg

Leftovers specifically states that the effect is after "Your turn." This would seem to show that if they meant after the sleepers turn, they would phrase it like that.

Will someone please resolve this for us. Thank you

In between turns happens after either player has ended their turn, whether or not they attacked. After your turn ends, Flygon LV.X will discard a card from the top of the opponent's deck. After your opponent's turn ends, Flygon LV.X will discard a card from the top of their deck.~Mark

Back