In appreciation of Porygon-2 GE

Jackolas

Aspiring Trainer
Porygon-2 GE is legendary, and in my opinion, better than Claydol GE. Its download Poképower definitely makes it a cheaper, and easier to acquire alternative! I know it sucks on the game but I really like it. I know it's old news but I just think I should let everyone know that it's good! If you're decking 30+ of supporter cards, like most decks do now, I think it's far more consistent than Claydol, and far more useful.

Let the crucifixion begin

Jackolas said:
Porygon-2 GE is legendary, and in my opinion, better than Claydol GE. Its download Poképower definitely makes it a cheaper, and easier to acquire alternative! I know it sucks on the game but I really like it. I know it's old news but I just think I should let everyone know that it's good! If you're decking 30+ of supporter cards, like most decks do now, I think it's far more consistent than Claydol, and far more useful.

ssssshhhhhhh......delete this thread....you are giving away my best kept secret....lol

anyway....back on topic...yea, I've known about P2 for quite sometime now...I dought it is more consistent than Claydol, but it is a good one to use for certain decks...once the SP Porygon is released in the next set, I can't wait to abuse that power in my Porygon deck

Jackolas said:

Really, care to explain why Porygon is so much better than Claydol? Two Supporters a turn is cool, yes, but why rely on having two Supporters in your hand when Claydol gets you what you need anyway?

I would really like to see one competitive deck that plays 30+ Supporters. Really, that's just Gengar bait, and it's also terribly inconsistent.

Also, that last bit is incredibly random.

Because Claydol can only ever give you 6 cards, it also means you have to get rid of cards... and the only reason you deck cards in the first place is because you need them all. Claydol's power is essentially Volkners Philosophy and then you can draw even more with Porygon as its poképower. I just think it's highly over rated and that Porygon-2 is a far cheaper and easily acquirable alternative.

The cards are almost identical - and I'm not saying Claydol is rubbish - I'm just letting people know that if they can't get hold of a Claydol it's not the end of the world.

qnetykz said:
ssssshhhhhhh...delete this thread...you are giving away my best kept secret...lol

Sorry!

I have to agree that Porygon2 is a great card. Say you're playing an SP deck, and you have a Cyrus's Conspiracy in your hand, but you need a Poketurn and and Energy Gain. Rather than rely on the luck of the draw to get one with Claydol's power, Porygon2 lets you use a second Cyrus's Conspiracy that you got using the first.

Using Claydol means that you have to choice to deck out or not. I you are about to deck out just have 8 cards in your hand and put 1-2 under :p

Porygon 2 is too slow to get what you want.

I disagree it's too slow. I don't think it's any slower than Claydol? Not slow enough to warrant claydol being $15 and Porygon2 being $2. Porygon2 is a fantastic cheap alternative.

It's an ok alternative, but if you're going to play Porygon 2, then you're going to have to add an extra 6-7 Supporters to the deck or else Porygon 2 will just be a waste of bench space.

Another problem is that you tend to run additional supporters in your deck when running P2. That leaves less room for the cards you're trying to get, thus making Claydol much more useful MOST of the time. However, P2 does have it's uses, but why make half your deck supporters when you could add cards like warp point, pluspower, pokedrawer, luxray GL, nidoqueen, etc.? Sure, it may be great for setting up, but eventually you'll wish you didn't have so many supporters in your hand and could find that game-saving super scoop up.

It's not bad for an alternative, but Claydol is still better, IMO.

nardd said:
It's not bad for an alternative, but Claydol is still better, IMO.

Most decks I would agree with you. I think Infernape 4 based decks run better with P2 though because of all the additional opportunities to play flint's.

From personal experience with an Infernape E4 deck I can say that Claydol is all around better than Porygon 2 in it. I like the idea of Porygon, and I've really tried to get to get it to work in a lot of different situations, but nothing has been better than Claydol yet in my eyes.

Back