• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Improving Wave Slasher (Greninja / Slowking)

Tokunaga Minoru

Aspiring Trainer
Hello PokéBeach \o/

I got two Wave Slasher Theme Decks and I'm trying to improve them with some minor changes and maybe some major changes later (I'm working with a low budget right now). Well, so the list is:

Pokémon: 22

• 4 Greninja BKP 40
  • 4 Frogadier BKP 39
  • 4 Froakie BKP 38
  • 2 Slowking BKP 21
  • 4 Slowpoke BKP 19
  • 2 Golduck BKP 17
  • 2 Psyduck BKP 16
Trainers: 22
  • 4 Dive Ball
  • 4 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 4 Tierno
  • 2 Wally
Energy: 16
  • 16 Water Energy
Strategy: It's pretty simple. A quick set-up Greninja to 80 damage with Moonlight Slash while Slowking reduces the opponent's chances of attacking with Royal Flash. Golduck is here to discard any Special Energy attached to my opponent's Active Pokémon, taking advantage of Greninja's Retreat Cost.

Comments: I just got the two Theme Decks right now, so I didn't have the opportunity to test the additions (Dive Ball, Rough Seas and Professor Sycamore). I'm pretty sure that Dive Ball and Rough Seas will work perfectly, but I'm worried about Sycamore. Do you guys think that it will overkill me? I don't know if Shauna and Tierno are enough to set-up the strategy quickly, and I have nothing to recover cards from my discard pile too. Maybe replace two energies for Fisherman and Sacred Ash be a good idea?

Thank you o/

Last edited:

bradon

Aspiring Trainer
4 sycamore should be fine. But you definitely don't need 4 professor's letter. 1 at most. You can replace 3 with other cards you think you'd need like Super Rod, Jirachi promo, or Regice.

You can replace golduck with enhanced hammers, it would do the job better.

camohunter19

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Less Energy is probably a good idea. 16 is a lot, even for energy acceleration decks like Electrik (Dynamotor) and Mega Manectric

Tokunaga Minoru

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, after nearly a week testing, I fully agree with you: 16 energies are more than enough and therefore I don't need so many Professor's Letter. I've replaced two energies for Sacred Ash and Fisherman, any other cheap suggestions?