Important Forum Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
...are we still arguing about this? I come back from Pizza hut to still find everyone at each others throats. *Sigh* I've been here for 4 years, guys. I have seen people complaining about PokeBeach, the mods and the "struggle for power", the general attitude towards PB members on the chatroom for years. The things some people have said about other people they don't even know has made me sick. And now, we finally decided to do something about the state of the forums. What do we do? Get rid of this and this. And the whole forum explodes. People are putting words in other people's mouths, and we're spreading rumors behind these changes that are 100% false. Somehow, we've gotten to the point of bashing RPG's, flaming mods, and just rage-quitting PB in general, which more than a couple of people have done. This could be our one chance to improve our TCG and VG forums, and you guys are whining about how getting rid of the "pointless" games is destroying the integrity of Pokebeach? Yeah, we're no smogon, and we probably never will be. But I'd like to create an enjoyable VG community where I can hang out with my bros and talk about the VG on the forums, Skype, and etc, without all of this dahum drama. If I can't have fun on this site, then Rage-quitting seems like the best option, honestly. We still have art, casual discussion, and everything else, so why make such a big fuss over it, guys. Please, just let the mods do their job at making this site better, and leave it at that. Let's just get rid of the GC, go with the changes, and be done with it.
./rant (sorry guys, had to get it off my chest.)

ShadowLugia said:
...are we still arguing about this? I come back from Pizza hut to still find everyone at each others throats. *Sigh* I've been here for 4 years, guys. I have seen people complaining about PokeBeach, the mods and the "struggle for power", the general attitude towards PokéBeach members on the chatroom for years. The things some people have said about other people they don't even know has made me sick. And now, we finally decided to do something about the state of the forums. What do we do? Get rid of this and this. And the whole forum explodes. People are putting words in other people's mouths, and we're spreading rumors behind these changes that are 100% false. Somehow, we've gotten to the point of bashing RPG's, flaming mods, and just rage-quitting PokéBeach in general, which more than a couple of people have done. This could be our one chance to improve our TCG and VG forums, and you guys are whining about how getting rid of the "pointless" games is destroying the integrity of Pokebeach? Yeah, we're no smogon, and we probably never will be. But I'd like to create an enjoyable VG community where I can hang out with my bros and talk about the VG on the forums, Skype, and etc, without all of this dahum drama. If I can't have fun on this site, then I'm just going to leave. We still have art, casual discussion, and everything else, so why make such a big fuss over it, guys. Please, just let the mods do their job at making this site better, and leave it at that.

Amen bro! I agree with him 100%! This isn't our call guys, so just leave it to the mods! No need in steaming about it!

I never said I was above leaving. I'd rather not, but, hey, I do what I feel like doing.

I wouldn't say they killed the forums. It's just a poor way to move towards a good goal. Reform reform reform. The cuts and merges are good. Deleting a forum with as much production as groups is bad.

It just killed the "popular" forums. Teams are pretty pointless and actively reduce skill based on the fact that people start thinking that they are good and start teaching others when they are in a team. Having open conversation where people are not all equals or based on a "leader likes A" system is fantastic for teaching/learning the game.

Tyraniking said:
You're closing down groups? That just killed the forums.

1879f18e_e542_e1c6.jpg

I think we could all do without groups. What can be discussed in groups can easily be discussed in a thread.

MarioFireRed said:
"Hi everyone, sure I'm going to never leave your mind at all. :) A lot of my friends here that have gotten upset about this, telling me that it will end the Game Corner. Don't act like I don't know what's going on because my PokeRealm friends filled me in. So, like I said, I've been told you guys are basically going to shut the Game Corner down. The same Game Corner you guys built up when you were just regular members. You claim that it is pointless and stupid, but you were the members that created the threads in the first place! A few things come to mind as I type this. The first is what DE said what PokéBeach is not to be known for it's Game Corner, but VGC and TGC sections. All I have to say to that is when has a site ever been known for that except for one that specializes in games? Also, whoever said it I don't care, but pointless posts I get, but this is coming from the same mod(s) who use "Banned because" all the time. Isn't that hypocritical? I also heard something about someone suggesting just to make a GC mod. Weren't we suggesting this forever ago as well right before the forum update? Finally, what I'd like to point out is how many people will be enraged if the Game Corner is shut down. People that come to mind are Guy (creator of the oh-so-popular Murder), all the RPG posters (which is a HUGE chunk) and anyone who wants to relax in general. Keep going in motion with your plan and you are bound to lose about 10% of your population, maybe more. All of you reading, remember that PR is always open for all of you. I'd love to see more games than my monthly Murder. *Hit enter twice* ~Joey"

Hey! A banned member mentioned Murder! <3

:p

As much as I like the GC, I think these changes are for the best.

Besides, they said that we get to keep WW, and maybe a couple of RPGs, so we should be thankful that we get that much.

Pshh, just because you write more and think a little more in a post in a RPG, doesn't mean you should keep them. If the game corner goes down, then all games should go down. Especially RPGs. Not fair if those games get to stay, but the others can't.

ramsey1993 said:
Pshh, just because you write more and think a little more in a post in a RPG, doesn't mean you should keep them. If the game corner goes down, then all games should go down. Especially RPGs. Not fair if those games get to stay, but the others can't.
Look, kid, not all RPGs are made equally. Some are good objectively. Ones that have flowing and logical plots are good. Ones that are choppy and halted just don't work. We are looking for legit RPGs that hold a plot that involves a tiny bit of skill to keep going.

I'm not a kid, I'm older than you, "kid". You are just trying to look smart, which is annoying. Doesn't matter if it requires skill or not. It is a game, period. And apparently, the games are "making PokeBeach look bad", so why not get rid of them too? Unfair, simple as that. A game is a game.

Xdogking said:
With all due respect, Pokebeach is never going to become known for TCG and VG.

How do you know that until we try. 200 years ago, I'm sure that 99% of people thought that a Black man will never become president.

Darkvoid57 said:
The problem is the way things are run.

We have, as Lenny said, a system in which we have a group of elites deciding what happens.

Sounds like the government. Go complain to them about how the country is run. See if they listen.

Instead, you could try PMing Shining Raikou or another moderator and nicely and intelligently discussing the issues you have with the staffing and decision making. That might get something accomplished

Gale said:
My God quit it with the drama.

It's a bunch of forum games. You're not gonna die if we don't have them.

This.

slickmario said:

and this.

Banned because this is unfair to the Game Corner and most of the PokeBeach members.
Double banned because I am going to miss all the games.

I simply called it an oligarchy because Darkvoid57 was referring to PokeBeach as if it was a democracy. In no way, shape, or form do I think PokeBeach actually represents any type of government. Just for clarification.

ramsey1993 said:
Banned because this is unfair to the Game Corner and most of the PokeBeach members.
Double banned because I am going to miss all the games.

You make it seem like the Game Corner it an animate object and has feelings.

BlastBurn said:
ShadowLugia said:
...are we still arguing about this? I come back from Pizza hut to still find everyone at each others throats. *Sigh* I've been here for 4 years, guys. I have seen people complaining about PokeBeach, the mods and the "struggle for power", the general attitude towards PokéBeach members on the chatroom for years. The things some people have said about other people they don't even know has made me sick. And now, we finally decided to do something about the state of the forums. What do we do? Get rid of this and this. And the whole forum explodes. People are putting words in other people's mouths, and we're spreading rumors behind these changes that are 100% false. Somehow, we've gotten to the point of bashing RPG's, flaming mods, and just rage-quitting PokéBeach in general, which more than a couple of people have done. This could be our one chance to improve our TCG and VG forums, and you guys are whining about how getting rid of the "pointless" games is destroying the integrity of Pokebeach? Yeah, we're no smogon, and we probably never will be. But I'd like to create an enjoyable VG community where I can hang out with my bros and talk about the VG on the forums, Skype, and etc, without all of this dahum drama. If I can't have fun on this site, then I'm just going to leave. We still have art, casual discussion, and everything else, so why make such a big fuss over it, guys. Please, just let the mods do their job at making this site better, and leave it at that.

Amen bro! I agree with him 100%! This isn't our call guys, so just leave it to the mods! No need in steaming about it!

I leave you guys with this quote. I'm going to close this thread now. If you have anything else to say about this, PM me. I'll hear you out. I think everyone is tired of the drama this thread has created. I am going to allow a vote for all members to participate in on which 3 games we will be keeping, so PM me if you want a certain game to be part of the vote. Otherwise, everyone try to calm down. I assure you myself and the other staff members are going to do our best to make things work. Give us a chance to do what we have planned. Thanks, and good night.

I have one thing to add. I have read where several members have threatened to quit PokéBeach over these changes. So I am led to believe that only reason you found here, joined here, came back here, post here, made friends here and are willing to leave here is for YPPY games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back