Collecting I'm having a contest..anyone have interest? Collecting question.

NY TCG HUnter

Aspiring Trainer
I have been a lurker on this site and only recently registered to ask a specific question about a card that I pulled that was damaged. (Thanks to those who replied!). I am a collector and love to see what people pull in their packs. Always rooting for that Secret Rare, Full Art or Ultra Rare!

So...I am giving away a Giratina 3-booster Blister on my YouTube channel which is listed below in my signature. If you are interested (and the Mods are cool with this thread) please check it out. It's one of the ways I intend to give back something to the Pokemon community. I plan to do more as time goes on.

One more question:

Do the collectors here like to do complete master sets (with the reverse holos) or do you consider a set complete once you have all the cards (not necessarily all the reverse holos)?

Depends on what you consider "a set"
For example. If you collect a certain pokemon (like i do/did) most people will usually go for regular and reverse holo's of that. So I consider my set only complete when i have every Wingull and Pelipper and other cards that feature them (prominently) in reg and holo.

As far as i heard other people if you collect a set like Evolutions or Breakpoint or whatever. Most people won´t really count the revereses. Or at least don't mind missing them.
Only if you re really "In love" with a certain set you will go to master it. Thats what i heard.

Thanks for the reply mirdo. When I say set I mean the complete set of cards for a series (ie Evolutions, Break Point, etc). That's a set.

In my case I strive to get ALL the cards that are made for a set. It's quite the challenge, and I wind up with a lot of duplicate commons and uncommons. I am still missing a few Generations reverses but I have all the cards on the list. Same for Evolutions. I am pretty close with Roaring Skies, Primal Clash, and Furious Fists. I did start collecting some Base set when I stumbled upon a binder at a flea market, but that is going to be a tough one to complete at this point!

Hey, I just started my video channel too. I went ahead and subscribed. Here's a link to mine too... if you like it, please subscribe too

Back