I'm Going To Worlds!!!!! Top 2 Provincials report with PlasmaKlang!!!

cf11

Aspiring Trainer
Whats up guys? I went into provincials sitting at 290 Championship Points so I was in good shape for my invite. I had 40 CP left from Battle Roads so to make worlds I needed a minimum of 70 CP to make worlds realistically. Obviously it turned out better, but anyways. I was going to go to Michigan and Quebec provincials, but now I'm not going so I'm ok with giving out my plasmaklang list.

4 Klink (DE 75)
2 Klinklang (BW 76)
2 Klinklang (PS 90)
2 Cobalion EX (PS 93)
1 Cobalion (NV 84)
1 Cobalion (NV 100)
1 Keldeo EX (BC 142) (Looking back this was the worst card in my deck lol)

1 Cheren (BC 148)
4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 N (NV 101)
2 Colress (PS 118)
3 Skyla (BC 134)
1 Computer Search (BC 137)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
4 Heavy Ball (ND 88)
4 Switch (BW 104)
1 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
1 Super Rod (NV 95)
4 Max Potion (EP 94)
4 Rare Candy (DE 100)

10 Metal Energy (BW 112)

I was playing 2 beach, but my jerk friend wouldn't lend them to me :(. So I reccomend -1 keldeo -1 Cheren + 2 Beach.

Anyways registration started at 9 ended at 10:30, but I live 10 minutes away so I woke up at 10 lol had a shower and got there at 10:20. They were really slow, but not as bad as it is in the states. Anyways onto the report. There were 40 seniors BTW.

Round 1 Eric M (Blastoise/Black Kyurem)

I go first get out 2 klinks and righteous edge for 30 on a keldeo. I get turn two plasmaklang, but he plays victini and puts it down and I was like OK thanks. I catcher it and take my prize and from there it was gg. He tried to load a Blastoise, but I energy pressed for the K.O. GG Fun fact after the game he went to the store area and bought two Cobalion EX haha.

1-0

Round 2 I forget (RESHIBOAR)

When he flipped over the tepig I was like WTH?!?!?!?!?! WHAT!! I was like I can't believe I'm gonna lose to this newb. Round 1 he faced a theme deck so yeah. Anyways he played Shaymin too and he went up 6-2 and after an N I came back. He could've won too if he understood Iron Breaker. He didn't know if you switch and retreat the effect goes away so I won that way lol. Too close for comfort, but GG

2-0

Round 3 Andrew E (Blastoise/Black Kyurem)

Andrew is debatebly the best senior in north america I mean last year he got 90 CP https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/championship-series/ratings-and-rankings/?cycle=9&division=senior&location=-10&type=points&product=tcg&btn-search=Search. We are also good friends and test together, but anyways . He played prism and Victini like the other Blastoise, but was smart with benching it. By the time he got it out I was up 6-3 and I had loads of energy so I just smoked him. Fun fact I had 3 KlinkKlangs turn 4 lol. GG

3-0

Round 4 Awais K (Laser Time)

Awais and I are bros so it sucked to have to face him. I go first no supporter for 6 turns to his turn 2 night spear. I luckily get out plasmaklang for two turns whooo, but I come back with shiftgear and max potion to win with a clean 6 prize sweep with cobalion ex + max potion. Unfortunately Awais went 4-2 10th and whiffed. GG

4-0 guaranteed cut.

Round 5 David M (Blastoise/Black Kyurem)

He didn't play Victini and I got turn 3 PlasmaKlang and thats pretty much game when that happens. GG

5-0

Round 6

Allan the woo topdeck Xu (Garbador=autoloss)

I took out my tool scrapper the night before ughhhhh!! Anyways I had no supporter and he got turn two garbage so I lost. I almost won on an N to 1 though but like his famous nickname he topdecked his last juniper to win lol. GG

5-1

I made cut at 1st seed and am facing laser time which is pretty much autowin. There are two Garbadors in cut though :(.

Top 8 Adrian D (Laser Time)

Game 1

I go first turn two Klinklang and that was all she wrote he scooped after I KO'ed his 3rd sableye.

1-0

Game 2

He gets turn 2 nightspear kills three klinks and I was like ughhh. I super rod juniper get two klinks nect turn double candy double Klinklang and that was it from there it was over.

2-0

6-1

Top 4 David M (Blastoise/Black Kyurem)

One Garbador was knocked out in top 8 so if the other one lost i was confident in going all the way.

Game 1

I go first turn two plasmaklang and after 5 turns he scoops when I am at 2 prizes.

1-0

Game 2

He goes first and drops a beach which saves me the game as I had a terrible hand I didn't get PlasmaKlang for a long time, but when I got it I was down 6-2. I came back and swept for the win!!

2-0

7-1

Top 2 Antoine Brier (Garbage with lasers)

I accepted that my run was over at this point, but was happy as I had just made worlds woooo!

Game 1

No supporter turn 2 garbador and I lost.

Game 2

Repeat of game 1 lol. Even if I had a supporter I still would've lost probably.

GG congrats Antoine

Pros
WORLDS!!!!
Box
Prizes

Slops
Long day
crap box
not winning it

hammer time! said:
What did you get out of the box? What set?

Plasma storm

NO ACE SPECS!!!
Articuno FA
Articuno
Moltres
Cobalion

Glace said:
Nice job!! (PlasmaKlang makes me cry though)

HAHA it makes everyone cry. Nobody understood how good it was in my area and I just showed up and dominated everyone. This was the meta

50% Blastoise
30% Garbodor luckily I only ran into 1 in swiss
10% EEls
10% Other

Back