Ruling Im going to the Prerelease of Great Encounter

Pokemon-Striker

Chino CHolo :] Contact Me on Aim
I need to know everything about it on how it works, what you need, and what you will do in a prerelease? I dont understand the types of tournaments too.

RE: I'm going to the Prerelease of Great Encounter

what you do is you bring money something between 25 35 dollers and the person running it gives you oh i forget i thing 6 packs or something and you make a 40 card deck they give you the energy you need and you can have as many of one card as you want but you make it from the packs you open from great encounters

And do you play with the deck normally like with another person in your age division or is there some kind of special way in playing at the prerelease?

Refer to this
http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/premierevents/prereleases/info/DP4/answers.html

Pokemon-Striker said:
And do you play with the deck normally like with another person in your age division or is there some kind of special way in playing at the prerelease?

Nothing special. If there are enough players in each age group, they will age separate, just like any other tournament. Otherwise it will be mixed.

This is also non-official. This will go into your record, yes. Advance your rating, no. (at least where I live) there are no prizes for first/second place. The prize you get is two extra packs (everyone gets them, even if you went 0-5). You also get to try out new cards as well.

If you don't participate in the tournament can you still buy packs?

well in a pre realese its 25-35 to enter all depending on the country your in then you sigh up to enter wich youll need the money and pop id then you will be given your stamped pre realese card then the pack of sleeves or whatever the extra thing is then you sit wait thn her a boring speech from a juge sometimes then you will be given 6 packs first the they will give you a time limit and you open your packs and make a deck out of the cards you get and any energy you need will be given to you to borrow not keep..then the rounds will be sayed maybe 3 to 4 or evn 5.then after the whole tourny you will be given your 2 extra oacks or three if you go undefeted wich some states or alot states do and thats it.

p.s no you rather play or wait till they are out in stores and its just worth it to enter the tourny and then drop after first roun soyou still get the cards okay..

Moneyking63 said:
If you don't participate in the tournament can you still buy packs?

You can't buy packs outright at the pre-release. They're not for sale yet (that's why it's called a pre-release). The TO is subject to the same sales agreement as the retailers.

The TO has the right to request that you return the product if you drop before the end of the tournament. (In our area, we request that you at least play one round.)

Back