Illustration Rares, Pidgeot ex, and More Revealed from “Ruler of the Black Flame!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A second batch of cards have just been revealed from Japan’s Ruler of the Black Flame — including new Illustration Rares and Special Illustration Rares!
The following cards are newly revealed. Thanks goes to JustInBasil and Arantxa T. for the translations!
Capsakid – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokemon
[C] Reckless Charge: 30 damage. This Pokémon does 10 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Capsakid – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokemon
[C][C][C] Double Headbutt: 50x damage Flip 2 coins. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads.
Weakness: Fire (x2)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Geeta - sucks the Turn 1 Supporter rule ruins it. Otherwise it'll be broken. This seems pointless in the proceeding turns you have to attack in order to progress through the game. Let's face it. Is turn 1 energy acceleration better than Drawing cards for consistency or quick bench setup? Absolutely not. For Stage 2 cards like Bax or Garde, you mostly run VIP Pass for bench setup, and Gardevoir cannot play Kirlia on Turn 1 going second. So what's the point? Seems super pointless for a pointless champion in the game. Super fitting. 3-4

Ortega - it ain't hand distruption, isn't it? I rather run Iono. Complete hand immobilization is better than "peek-and-swap" effect. What if you peek no Professor's Research or having 2 energy, an Arceus V, a Nest Ball, and a Duraludon V, out of your opponent's hand. This kinda like a 10% win button for me. 3

Pidgey/Pidegotto/Pidgeot ex - seems an upgrade from FRLG one. It won't be the same right now, as decks are struggling to find space for it. Gen 3 decks has like Briney's Compassion, TV Reporter, things like that, which is fine for decks to run evo cards. Nowadays, you just hope that 1 Pidgeot ex isn't prized or 1 Pidgey prized from searching via VIP Pass (Staple in evo decks). 2/2/4-5 In expanded, oh boy. This would be interesting since Air Mail Pidgeotto is a thing. Expanded decks playing 1 Computer Search and this could be massive.

Pokemon League HQ - Hmmm, what decks are good rn? Gardevoir? A Stage 2 deck with a bit of Zacian V and Cresselia, but some Reversal variants don't matter. Chien-Pao? But Bax can cope the cost yet does elevate the dmg of Hail Blade (BIG L!), Arceus VSTAR? It has Duraludon, Umbreon, Giratina, and Arceus itself, none of which attack with the Vs. Lost Box? Lost Vaccum it, who cares? Mew? They ran Double Turbo in most decks and Mew VMAX is the main attacker. Miraidon? Yeah, maybe. Miraidon makes it attacks for 4 to do 230. Yeah, not good. 2-3

Flamigo - third Flamigo in a row, only the PAL one seems decent. 1

Toxel/Toxtricity - nah. Even with the bootleg Sylveon VMAX attack, it doesn't impress me. 2/2

Capsakid/Scovillain - where tf is Scovillain? Like what, is this Scovillain like a powerful Fire-type card now, that we have to wait for a full reveal? Well, nevermind. It's underwhelming. 2,2/2

Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss - I've talked abt this.

Last edited:
Your Togekiss translation is wrong. It was already translated in English with the Obsidian Flame pre release promos

People who are talking about united wings:

Alex had already qualified for worlds
Alex met 0 lost box
Alex didn’t play the deck because he believed it to be the best
The deck is not ”popular” as in that not that many people bring it to tournaments.
You should not tech against 1 player when there is a lot of other decks that you have higher odds going up against

Am a casual, just for fun off-meta player so here are my overall thoughts:

Scovillain:
I prefer the first Scovillain just for its raw damage potential, I don‘t like having to rely on type RNG to work for me but I will definitely try to build a deck since I just love my boy.

Toxtricity:
I‘m a fan of 1 prize card heavy hitter decks but this one seems like too much work to make it feasible, I‘ll probably still give it a shot.

Glimmora ex:
The ability sounds like a lot fun, occasionally still matching with Palkia decks so I will definitely build a deck for it.

Togekiss line:
I personally prefer Togetic since it enables more fun decks with that card draw attack, Togekiss could be decent but may be too much effort to make it work, we‘ll see.

Revaroom ex:

Yeah, I can see some fun combos working for it, I know it‘s not a new idea but still 100% doing at least 1 deck for it if not more, love it.

Pidgeotto ex:

Imma be real, not really into it, by the time you get to make it work most good opponents have already set up their strong hitters I feel, I know its highlight is the ability but I still would‘ve loved a better attack, I may be wrong but I don‘t see gigantic worth sacrificing more damage for the stadium card removal thingy hmm

Flamigo:
Might work with some tinkering but it‘s not my favorite even though I love my birdie.

The stadium:

My Brambleghast deck stonks rise, I will definitely combo it with it and see how it goes, probably my favorite card of all the ones here since it enables one of my biggest just for fun decks I have.

Trainer cards:
Not a fan of either them, somebody on the company gotta have a hate campaign against Geeta with how meh she has been in the console game and now here.

Palafin, Scizor, Cleffa? 10/10. The rest are good with exception to the Pidgey line. Been waiting for a good set of Pidgey cards, and apparently that will still be the case. I just think the artwork for it is just not for me. It's not even whacky, it just looks so awful compared to previous entries from this artist.

Back