I'll take my order with a side of spam?

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
One thing i've noticed is the EXTENSIVE locking of dead clans and clubs because this new member has CONSTANTLY revived them after nine months (like the Pokemon Masters Clan Water/Dragon Nation, we haven't used nations since march!!!!)

in one day, i saw almost a dozzen locked clans, and i went to the last post before the mod said "dead/locked" to see who got it locked, and it was the same person! that right there is REPETITIVE rule breaking, and yet he hasn't been warned (otherwise he'd've STOPPED) and nothing is being done.

i'm not picking on just him, it happens EVERYWHERE. People post threads in the wrong forum, or people just litterally post:

*BUMP*

That's it. did anyone notice BlackRayquaza's Trainer pass thread? at least a dozen:

*BUMP*s

did anyone do anything? No.

i will not tell the mods how to do their job, but what all the members in this thread said are true. Is there a possibility of creating a warning system that is shown below the name of each member when they post?

Or, (i don't know if the system works like this already) assign one or two mods to each forum. If their are subforums, assign another mod or two to each of those. now, i know there arne't as many mods as forums (i think) but if you were to say give a regular member who is an exceptional poster in that particular forum the ability to mod ONLY that forum, we may be able to cut back on this spam problem.

Max Shade: Over and Out!

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
KBP; ash never even said you were a spammer in this thread.

@ SNN; about the leagues, Ive seen that The Official Pokétopia League is dying. My Hoenn Combat Empire is dying slightly as well but I have a new league co-run by me and M-quaza where we also organize tournaments.

@ MSIV; the warning system, I wish there was one too, unless the mods keep track of what everyone has done but that would get annoying and waste too much of their time. They wouldnt have a chance to do anything else :/

Fridge

Indie 'Choo's just too cool.
I agree, spam realy is a large problem. People just post randomly to add to their post count. I was once in a thread and someone posted, ' I'm new, can anyone be my buddie or go see one of my threads.' This happens often because new members can't be bothered to read the rules and the newbie guide.

Ok, spam scenario 2, Reviving threads. A saw a thread someone revived from a year ago.

As well as spam, pokebeach has just become infested with n00bs. Do you know how many members have posted once and then never come back? And then, the other kind of n00bs, teh ones who spam the heck out of every thread so they can be lv 100 and boast. I mean , You don't need a high post count to be a great member. I'm only level 18, and I've never been warned or banned. People think that they will be thought of as n00bs if theeey have a low post count. This is one of the main sources of spam.

Another main scource of spam is people who ( I will say it again ) don't read the rules and the newbie guide. You should make it that as soon as you reegester the forums, a thread pops up on your screen ( which is the newbie guide ) and says: Y0U mUsT R3@d B4 P0s71NG Translation: You must read before posting.

Also, i think that Super Mods aren't strcit enough on spammer. Spammers need to be banned. They should get a temp ban and a PM saying, if you spam again, you get a permenent ban!

Can't we have two forums, A forum that all members who are n00bs get transfered to, and all good members get put in a sofisticated mature forum, Where we have proper discussions and THERE IS NO SPAM!

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Which one KBP :/

You have so many -_-

F_P_M: I agree with you. Apart from maybe the two forums part. You should just perma-ban spammers full stop. If they have nothing else to do, ban them and see if they think its funny like when they spam, they think its funny. All forums eventually get contaminated by n00bs.

pichu brothers

Aspiring Trainer
Solution is Fan Creation posts don't count. Just like the GC. It is getting so-so annoying, I hardly visits that forum anymore. So saddistic isn't it :p :/

pungtuckweng

Aspiring Trainer
Absol said:
IMO, there should be an infractions bar under our user. 5 infractions in all, and bye bye.

Btw, I did not mean it that any random member can give someone infractions, only mods can. Or perhaps a new post can be given- Forum Police :p J/k, just mods will do. but anyways, the infractions bar will be set to zero, anyone who spams and gets warned by a mod and the infraction bar will go up by one; once the person has 5, he will be banned. Of course, people who have turned over a new leaf must be given a chance, right? Thus, the infractions bar will go back to zero if the person has not done any bad things recently, say, 1 fortnight. If it is too complicated, the mods get the liberty of manually emptying the bar :)

Negative Zero

Ak just spammed in my thread but lukily he deleted them. Ak is getting on my nerves. he spams on most of my threads already

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)
I'm not even going to comment to KBP's post, because I don't want to provoke a flame war.

The problem is, that not only spam POSTS, but spam THREADS. Threads like, "Hi, I'm new here", or, "What's your favorite whatever...?". Those threads generate a lot of spam.

Zaroco

._.
ash ketchup said:
I'm not even going to comment to KBP's post, because I don't want to provoke a flame war.

The problem is, that not only spam POSTS, but spam THREADS. Threads like, "Hi, I'm new here", or, "What's your favorite whatever...?". Those threads generate a lot of spam.

Yes, but those threads are usually locked by a mod quickly. So they're not that much of a problem these days...

Gale

Yes, but they can encourage foolish n00bs to spam or start spam threads. Also, during times (like right now), mods are asleep/not active. So, considering we don't have mods with alternate timezones, spam threads/posts get by quite quickly. I don't know if anyone will agree with me...

Zaroco

._.
ash ketchup said:
Yes, but they can encourage foolish n00bs to spam or start spam threads. Also, during times (like right now), mods are asleep/not active. So, considering we don't have mods with alternate timezones, spam threads/posts get by quite quickly. I don't know if anyone will agree with me...

What's the difference between now and before? 0.o

Actually we have Mods from altrenate timezones: Australiasian, U.S , Europe etc..

Gale

I mean LARGLY DIFFERENTIAL timezones. Meaning a wide array of them. Which, we really don't have, as most of them live in the U.S (Except Noobnerd, and lord knows where Bacon is. Aborhosen isn't extreamly active, and Charizard is never on...)

But, getting back to the topic- Really, what encourages n00bs to spam...?

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Max Shade IV said:
One thing i've noticed is the EXTENSIVE locking of dead clans and clubs because this new member has CONSTANTLY revived them after nine months (like the Pokemon Masters Clan Water/Dragon Nation, we haven't used nations since march!!!!)

in one day, i saw almost a dozzen locked clans, and i went to the last post before the mod said "dead/locked" to see who got it locked, and it was the same person! that right there is REPETITIVE rule breaking, and yet he hasn't been warned (otherwise he'd've STOPPED) and nothing is being done.

i'm not picking on just him, it happens EVERYWHERE. People post threads in the wrong forum, or people just litterally post:

*BUMP*

That's it. did anyone notice BlackRayquaza's Trainer pass thread? at least a dozen:

*BUMP*s

did anyone do anything? No.

i will not tell the mods how to do their job, but what all the members in this thread said are true. Is there a possibility of creating a warning system that is shown below the name of each member when they post?

Or, (i don't know if the system works like this already) assign one or two mods to each forum. If their are subforums, assign another mod or two to each of those. now, i know there arne't as many mods as forums (i think) but if you were to say give a regular member who is an exceptional poster in that particular forum the ability to mod ONLY that forum, we may be able to cut back on this spam problem.

Max Shade: Over and Out!
Here's what you do: If YOU see something that needs a mod to attend to, like bumped threads, spamming or whatever then REPORT IT. We are only a few people, we cannot possibly read and look at every single thread on this forum. That's exactly why we have the report button, so you can help us lock/whatever the threads/posts that need it.

ash ketchup said:
I mean LARGLY DIFFERENTIAL timezones. Meaning a wide array of them. Which, we really don't have, as most of them live in the U.S (Except Noobnerd, and lord knows where Bacon is. Aborhosen isn't extreamly active, and Charizard is never on...)

But, getting back to the topic- Really, what encourages n00bs to spam...?
There really is only 3 timezones needed: US, Oceania and European. We have those covered. And i'm quite active, i'm on numerous times a day. Just because you don't specifically see me online or posting doesn't mean i'm inactive. I mod passively.

Noobnerd

~I see a little silhouetto of a man~
Abhorsen said:
There really is only 3 timezones needed: US, Oceania and European. We have those covered. And i'm quite active, i'm on numerous times a day. Just because you don't specifically see me online or posting doesn't mean i'm inactive. I mod passively.
I must agree with this. Before I became a moderator, I thought most of the mods were inactive. However, if you actually check their profiles, you will see that their last visit is almost on the same day. Most mods actually don't post while modding; they just edit posts. The only mods who post like madmen are KG and me, with c-m to a certain extent.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
KG's the madman :p He almost (almost) surpasses LV in post-count...

We have 2 European mods, a Malaysian mod, a lot of American mods, 1 Singaporean mod and 1 Australian mod (could be wrong). So I think we got the entire world covered. Just because Spam isn't dealt with immediately doesn't mean mods are not active. And the mods are not to blame, if someone does something wrong and does not get reported by anyone who sees it, it's their fault :F

As for the "fan creations posts don't count", no way, some people post some seriously great stuff worth discussing. I guess a sub-forum for shops would be a better idea.