Pokemon If the games were more like the anime (if Kunihiko Yuyama was in charge)

Darthrai

Aspiring Trainer
[private]Going to leave this here because I don't see it getting much more attention even if it's in VG or Anime~ ES[/private]

Everyone wants the anime to be more like the games, but what if The Pokémon Company decides to troll us and does things the other way around? Feel free to post your own ideas too:
-Ash would be the male playable character. In every generation. And he'd start with a Lv 5 Pikachu that's also implied to be the same one each generation.
-The games would have no real continuity. Any events that occurred in older games would easily be ignored by newer games.
-There's two ways that the plot would be handled:
--Series version: We wouldn't get any more overarching plots on the scale of Black and White. Every generation would be a rehash of the previous one, with no plot other than "fight the gym leaders and the evil team, and defeat the Champion". Or alternatively...
--Movie version: Every game would follow the same plot pattern: region in trouble because of bad guy, you team up with legendary to beat the bad guy and save the region. Or: legendary Pokémon rampaging because it's not evil, just misunderstood, and you help the legendary realize the error of its ways.
-The villains would be really shallow and two-dimensional. Nothing like N or Ghetsis (from what I heard, their anime versions are mere shadows of their game selves).
-You wouldn't be allowed to win the Pokémon League and enter the Hall of Fame.
-Legendary Pokémon would appear in other regions than their home region, with no explanation given or no connection made. Wait...
-Pokémon would all say their own names instead of their 8-bit cries, so whenever battling, you'd be bombarded with incessant utterances of "Noivern! Noivern! Patrat! Pat patrat!"

On the bright side, at least we'd get Jessie and James in the games again? I loved that about Yellow.

Back