If poliwag had call for family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chatot Brains

I didn't do it!
If poliwag from IFDS had call for family it wpold be so awsome because then you can get out a couple of them to egt out all the polis. Anyways the polis in IFDS will still be great.

We have Call Energy =/. But let's say it did had, how would it help the deck? you still need a Poliwag, Whirl, Toad and Wrath to make it work, and KOing one isn't so hard, not forgetting the deck is slow.

I'd beg to differ. I actually use this deck, and here are my thoughts.
First of all, the Poli family is found in Cry From the Mysterious.
Now, onto the deck. Cards like Call Energy and TM-TS1 (evolutioner) greatly speed up the deck. T1 Donks happen a lot for me. I've found that you don't have to activate Toed's body to win. Poliwrath by itself is a great card, and has amazing power, even without the aid of Politoed. Politoed, on the other hand, is probably not that great of an attacker with out his power boost. The only reasons I could see to use Politoed when you can use Poliwrath is because you either don't have any wraths in play or because your opponent is using an electric deck.
There are also some techs that help out or little family. Azelf (Temple of Anger), when played to the bench, lets you look at your prize cards, take a pokemon, and put it into your hand. You then put a card from your hand to replace taken prize card. This can help tremendously, since one of the biggest problems with the Poli's is that you have Poliwags prized.
Another card that gives this deck the will to survive is Snowpoint Temple (Temple of Anger). It will take Poliwag's HP from an easily Bring Down 40 to a basic pokemon beefy 60.

Personally, I run:
4-4-4/2 (Wrath/Toed)
2-2 Claydol
1 Azelf
1 Ditto

That line gives me consistancy for setting up Toed's body if I can (ie, get Azelf out and retrive prized polis, or get all Poli's benched), gives me amazing Donking capabilities, and most importantly, speed.

Ditto is a nice starter, since it is whatever my opponent's starter is. But, it gets better. It isn't just a cool starter, it is a nice tech as well. If I'm having trouble with Kingdra, I can send up Ditto and get all my waters back, for free. Or I could just have some fun and start doing a little sniping. It also can copy so much with just one multi and one or two other energies. It is just my nice little tech, all bundled up into one little glob.

red blastois said:
it doesn't have, end of story

This is the TCG DISCUSSION forum. Obviously you didn't notice that the title begins with the word "IF". The thread was probably made to DISCUSS IF . If you don't plan on making a contribution to the discussion, don't post. That doesn't add anything to an interesting discussion (even if your grammar wasn't so ba... nevermind).

Assuming it would be an attack, wouldn't you be handing your opponent at least one free prize (unless you bog your deck down with potions or things of that nature) because your active Pokemon can't really fight back when it's attacks do, well, no damage. The Poliwag would have what, 40 or 50 HP? It wouldn't take very long for a half decent opponent to make quick work of it. Unless I'm forgetting something (I very well could be), I don't think it would be of great help.

@vilebaseball
Funny... i thought it was a "discussion form". Not all "discussions" must contribute something helpful to the community. Sometimes they do and at other times they don't. Besides who elected you to tell everyone what is appropriate to talk about? Sometimes small talk can lead to big ideas.

@Chatot Brains
Personally I would run leftovers with the poli family. Instead of being left with 110 you'd have 120. It might not be much but hey torterra+power wont work nor can garchomp + matching energy. Azelf is a good idea for any deck, but dusknoir is to big for little techs any more (unless you run alakazam, like I do). IMO ditto is this formats mew*/mew EX. Not exactly or nearly as good, but still a tech that ya, even I will run with multies.

Just to tell you, when these cards are released, everything will be in DP-on format, so you have to adjust your thinking accordingly. IMO, unless you are playing a dusknoir based deck, Dusknoir won't be around that much. Besides, if you are running this, and you see dusknoir, you can assume that you won't get Toed's body set up, or you won't drop Baltoy or Azelf.

"@prenceofdarkness"
Let me know where that could get the discussion (the whole point of my prelude was that CAN'T contribute anything to the discussion... unless you can prove me otherwise) and your point will be valid. Otherwise, my simple suggestion (not hierarchal demand as you seem to have mistaken it) to someone who has a history of being a detriment to discussion (check out his past posts… it seems I’m not the only one who holds the opinion) does not mean I consider myself an elected official or anything of that nature.

I still think you'd have to detract from the deck with some extra techs to get such a strategy to work (assuming it was reality).

abaxter94 said:
Personally, I run:
4-4-4/2 (Wrath/Toed)
2-2 Claydol
1 Azelf
1 Ditto

That line gives me consistancy for setting up Toed's body if I can (ie, get Azelf out and retrive prized polis, or get all Poli's benched), gives me amazing Donking capabilities, and most importantly, speed.
But even with call energies, TS-1 (Evolutor), and other pokemon pokemon searches, setting up all four members of the poli family is difficult. At the fastest, you'll most likely be able to do it at T3 (T2 requires two rare candies, unlikely). Also, you still have an weak 40/60 hp (whether the temple is in place) Poliwag and an 80 hp Poliwhirl which could be bought out by magnetic reversal or IFDS Lumineon (after Team Galactics Wager) and can be slammed down. Raichu Lv.X can take down a poliwhirl and attack again right after leveling-up. Activating Politoed's Poke-Body is more trouble than its worth (though 100/140 damage for two energies would still rock). Nevertheless, poliwrath is still a good backup and can at least OHKO an Infernape or Magmortar with a slight backfire of 20 damage, but hey, OHKOing a Lv. X is good. Also, Ditto is a nice tech against Kingdra (as you mentioned later) and Empoleon as well. I still don't like the idea of a politoed in this deck. 40/80 damage is too inconsitent

Zyflair, please do not post in threads that have been left alone for two or more weeks. Thanks.

*locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back