Help I want a Semi Budget Deck $150

Jedidr

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, I want to start playing irl. I’ve been playing online but I wanna go to my lgs but I have no decks. Any idea preferably with Kartana GX of course I want it less than $150.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Kartana GX would work best on its own, if you want to build straight up Kartana GX.
I personally play Tapu Koko, and it's semi budget.
Hope this helps.

Jedidr

Aspiring Trainer
Kartana GX would work best on its own, if you want to build straight up Kartana GX.
I personally play Tapu Koko, and it's semi budget.
Hope this helps.
Hey thanks man, are you talking about gx or regular also I have metagross gx and ninetales gx any ideas?

Otaku

The wise fool?
You could build quite a few decks with the 60 dollars left over after getting 2 leles
Thats true since it will be a staple for a while but not for a $60 deck

Just clarifying:

We are trying to build a semi-competitive deck that costs no more than $150 USD?

So yeah, as long as you shop around so you can avoid paying a premium for them, you'll have around $50-70 leftover to build the rest of your deck. How are you looking for other staples, like N, Professor Sycamore, Ultra Ball, etc. and loose staples like Choice Band?

Jedidr

Aspiring Trainer
Just clarifying:

We are trying to build a semi-competitive deck that costs no more than $150 USD?

So yeah, as long as you shop around so you can avoid paying a premium for them, you'll have around $50-70 leftover to build the rest of your deck. How are you looking for other staples, like N, Professor Sycamore, Ultra Ball, etc. and loose staples like Choice Band?
Yes thats right

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
GX. I play its partner with the baby Drampa from Guardians Rising, the dragon type one. It's a mass attack gets on the energy from the deck onto itself, which you then can Aero Trail to the Active Koko.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Greninja is getting a lot of hype right now with Counter Catcher. Greninja only needs one lele, but remember, it is not consistent as other decks in Standard. After you have all of the staples like Guzma, N, Sycamore, Leles, etc, you can build most decks in the Standard format for relatively cheap prices. For example, Regular Art Gardevoir GXs right now are only about $10.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
As @AuraJackle said, if you're going to spend 150 bucks to make a deck, start off with buying two Tapu Lele-GX. You can find them if you look for 45/50 dollar range and you can spend the rest of the money on the core of the deck. The next most expensive cards being N and Bridgette, which would cost you about 10-12 bucks. Pokemon you want are fairly cheap. You can build a Drampa/Garb deck with the rest left over while investing in staples for use in other decks.

Jedidr

Aspiring Trainer
I dont know if this helps but I have the following GX Pokemon from just collecting

1x Alolan Ninetales GX
1x Metagross GX
1x Ho-Oh GX

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 25

* 4 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21
* 4 Litten SLG 15
* 3 Torracat SLG 16
* 4 Incineroar SLG 17
* 4 Salandit GRI 15
* 4 Salazzle-GX BUS 25
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 21

* 2 Altar of the Sunne GRI 118
* 4 N FCO 105
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Po Town BUS 121

##Energy - 14

* 14 Fire Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
I was thinking of making this deck any suggestions?

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Here is a great resource for what you are looking for, I think it can solve your problem. It provides a bunch of budget Standard decks that have competitive potential (especially since you have room to add in Tapu Lele GXs if you have them to make it even more competitive). Hope it helps!

I dont know if this helps but I have the following GX Pokemon from just collecting

1x Alolan Ninetales GX
1x Metagross GX
1x Ho-Oh GX

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 25

* 4 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21
* 4 Litten SLG 15
* 3 Torracat SLG 16
* 4 Incineroar SLG 17
* 4 Salandit GRI 15
* 4 Salazzle-GX BUS 25
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 21

* 2 Altar of the Sunne GRI 118
* 4 N FCO 105
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Po Town BUS 121

##Energy - 14

* 14 Fire Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
I was thinking of making this deck any suggestions?

Anyways, for this list, I'd suggest:

-4 Litten
-3 Torracat
-4 Incineroar
-4 Bursting Balloon
-2 Po Town
-3 Parallel City

+4 Ultra Ball (SUM)
+3 Kiawe (BUS)
+2 Field Blower (GRI)
+3 Choice Band (GRI)
+2 Float Stone (BKT)
+2 Scorched Earth (FCO)
+1 Rescue Stretcher (GRI)
+3 Guzma (BUS)

These suggestions would get you closer to a modern Ho-oh GX/Salazzle GX list that focuses on getting early K.O.s with Ho-oh GX (after using Kiawe turn 1) and then sweeping the board with Salazzle GX late game. I hope this helps and good luck!

Last edited:

Jedidr

Aspiring Trainer
Here is a great resource for what you are looking for, I think it can solve your problem. It provides a bunch of budget Standard decks that have competitive potential (especially since you have room to add in Tapu Lele GXs if you have them to make it even more competitive). Hope it helps!

Anyways, for this list, I'd suggest:

-4 Litten
-3 Torracat
-4 Incineroar
-4 Bursting Balloon
-2 Po Town
-3 Parallel City

+4 Ultra Ball (SUM)
+3 Kiawe (BUS)
+2 Field Blower (GRI)
+3 Choice Band (GRI)
+2 Float Stone (BKT)
+2 Scorched Earth (FCO)
+1 Rescue Stretcher (GRI)
+3 Guzma (BUS)

These suggestions would get you closer to a modern Ho-oh GX/Salazzle GX list that focuses on getting early K.O.s with Ho-oh GX 9after using Kiawe turn 1) and then sweeping the board with Salazzle GX late game. I hope this helps and good luck!
Thanks for the help man. Since I have some previous experience online I was thinking of adding them but totally forgot.

Jedidr

Aspiring Trainer
Do you know a place where I can buy the cards I need? Aka all of them minus 1 ho-oh and 1 salandit

FrostBiter12

Do you know a place where I can buy the cards I need? Aka all of them minus 1 ho-oh and 1 salandit

Definitely! TCGPlayer.com is a great resource for purchasing cards and setting a price of cards to help with trading. Also, Deriums.com, CCGCastle.com, and TrollandToad.com are other options (but I think TCGPlayer.com is the best). Hope this helps!

Jedidr

Aspiring Trainer
I really like TCGplayer.com but I hate that you have to have $2.00 from one person to actuslly order from them.

FrostBiter12

I really like TCGplayer.com but I hate that you have to have $2.00 from one person to actuslly order from them.

Yeah, that's the drawback to TCGPlayer. It isn't great for singles on cheap cards, but great for pretty much everything else. If you need cheap singles, I'd suggest some of the other sites unless your already getting something higher than $2.00. I don't know if you already know this, but you can select the "Shop from this Seller" button when something is in your "Cart" from the person you are ordering from. Good luck!

Jedidr

Aspiring Trainer
I found out I like tcgplayer for bulk and TrollandToad for Singles. As you know I have a few GX cards what do you think I could get if I where to trade them for pices of the deck? I have Alolan Ninetales GX and Metagross GX.

FrostBiter12

I found out I like tcgplayer for bulk and TrollandToad for Singles. As you know I have a few GX cards what do you think I could get if I where to trade them for pices of the deck? I have Alolan Ninetales GX and Metagross GX.

What are you missing? Try to go for the staples like supporters and items first if you already have a few decent attackers.

Phototoxin

I herd u leik mudkipz?
You need 4 ultra ball, 3-4 N & 3-4 Prof. Sycamore. If you want Kartana, Silvally/Steel features kartana