I Need Training

Shinjiru Taiyou

Aspiring Trainer
Guys what is wrong? Whoever I fight online, their Pokémon have better defense than mine, better attack than mine, but I used super training... I reach max defence and attack, what the hell is wrong? Can someone give me a full training guide for XY? I'm starting training my team from eggs now

This doesn't matter what they were using I just need know what I can do with mine team, how to train them properly, just need full guide for beginners in training for XY [Ludicolo just defeat alone my pokemons I even used ice or fire moves or flying ect. due to its weakness, but it was faster stronger and undestroyable, so I want made my team strong like others can do. I don't know if it's normal but I used 2 dragon dance, next mega evolve gyarados and use ice fang..this work on grass part like a fart]

Shinjiru Taiyou said:
This doesn't matter what they were using I just need know what I can do with mine team, how to train them properly, just need full guide for beginners in training for XY [Ludicolo just defeat alone my pokemons I even used ice or fire moves or flying ect. due to its weakness, but it was faster stronger and undestroyable, so I want made my team strong like others can do. I don't know if it's normal but I used 2 dragon dance, next mega evolve gyarados and use ice fang..this work on grass part like a fart]

Well the best you can do for your team is to give them good natures and fully train them in their best stats in Super Training and give them good movesets.

Bear in mind that even if you're just using your favorites (which is never a bad thing), there are most likely going to be things that outclass it.

Post the Pokemon you're using here and I can give you a rough guide as to how you should Super Train them and what moves they should have.

I still want only perfect guide for me as beginner [and for others who read this threat] I really can bare my training with this guide alone, really. This is just first time when I can play online and Im not happy that I can't stand against my enemies.

Shinjiru Taiyou said:
I still want only perfect guide for me as beginner [and for others who read this threat] I really can bare my training with this guide alone, really. This is just first time when I can play online and Im not happy that I can't stand against my enemies.

Ok I'm gonna make it as basic as I can try to:
-look at your Pokemon's best base stats and decide which role it should play from there. The most basic different roles are:
- Special Sweeper
- Physical Sweeper
- Mixed Sweeper
- Special Wall
- Physical Wall
- Bulky Attacker

Super Train it in the 2 stats it works best in - if you want a mixed sweeper then go full speed and split the attack stats
Give it a moveset that ideally has high powered attacks and good coverage.

One important thing is to not have too much repetition in your Pokemon's purposes. Try to include a fair amount of diversity and that should work.

That should help you, but I can't help with actual movesets and everything without knowing what you're actually using.

This is not what I need...what about vitamins and juices and power items ect.? There is short guide about pokerus power items and hordes but I don't undertand... I should first give them vitamins [or juices are better?] and next fully super train, and next...next what? Because every defated pokemon gives you 1-2 EV , so is there list of best one for training? or I understand training wrong.

Vitamins and power items and such are all for training EVs, which is the exact same thing that Super Training does. You can choose how would would like to EV train, whether by using vitamins, defeating Pokémon, or Super Training, but they all do the same thing: give your Pokémon EVs in a certain category. For a beginner, Super Training is probably the easiest since it's very transparent and easy to do, to make sure you're giving the right EVs to your Pokémon.

Shinjiru Taiyou said:
This is not what I need...what about vitamins and juices and power items ect.? There is short guide about pokerus power items and hordes but I don't undertand... I should first give them vitamins [or juices are better?] and next fully super train, and next...next what? Because every defated pokemon gives you 1-2 EV , so is there list of best one for training? or I understand training wrong.

I'm confused; you seem to think Super Training and EV's are different things yet they aren't. Super Training directly raises the EV's of a Pokemon.

I really don't know if power items have an impact on Super Training.

I'm not quite sure of EV training spots in X/Y, but to be honest with the advent of Super Training it's not as important as previous generations.

edit: what Artemis said

So when I reach max attack and speed in super training using only L bags it's completly finished? So with max value I can leveling up on random things and attack and speed will always gain more points after level up than other stats? I thought this is more complicated, [tehehe *drop*] and we can still rise attack and speed until it reach max for specific pokemon or continously training makes pokemon harder.

Shinjiru Taiyou said:
So when I reach max attack and speed in super training using only L bags it's completly finished? So with max value I can leveling up on random things and attack and speed will always gain more points after level up than other stats? I thought this is more complicated, [tehehe *drop*] and we can still rise attack and speed until it reach max for specific pokemon or continously training makes pokemon harder.

Yep.
Once a Pokemon is fully Super Trained, it cannot gain any more EVs.
One thing worth doing is to maybe just use a 4hp thing on whatever it is you're Super Training as a 252/252/4 spread is very common and to be honest it's hardly hard work at all.

What I've found is an effective method (well, I did it with Torchic and a Ralts) is to fully super train them at a low level, then take them to the E4 with the Exp Share on and they get a total load of Exp - I took a level 5 Ralts into the E4 and by the end it was a level 34 Gardevoir.
Plus you can always attach the Amulet Coin to something and get a load of moneys by doing that as well.

I moved this thread to the Competitive Video Game Forums since it's about making a team stronger competitively.

Im little disapointed, that pokemons can't just be harder by continously training in way; like we could reach 500-1000 base of atk. def speed ect. by training them little by little at lv 100 with 253 atk power ect. to make them stronger, GF should create new training method because EV seems to be just too old for now. Maybe Im wrong here but I fell like wrong EV trained pokemon vs right EV trained one is something stupid? This is rpg, but still pokemons should be equal somehow...?

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g_D_zBzG5yQ[/video]

The Experience Share from XY will actually make it a bit stressful unless you only have a strong Pokemon and your new baby Pokemon you want to train, so do it that way in the games. Forget everything she says about Join Avenue and areas in Unova. By the way, the berries she says are hard to find aren't hard to find I don't think in XY. I believe you can either trade them with friends/family or find them on berry trees. Because I'm not that far into XY yet (got it on release date I know right), I don't know if there's a Berry Guru like in some other games, but if you just battle for the EVs I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Other than that this should cover most of everything you need to know. I know it doesn't account for XY, but you honestly don't need Super-Training. I hope this helps ·__·
~goodluck

Shinjiru Taiyou said:
Im little disapointed, that pokemons can't just be harder by continously training in way; like we could reach 500-1000 base of atk. def speed ect. by training them little by little at lv 100 with 253 atk power ect. to make them stronger, GF should create new training method because EV seems to be just too old for now. Maybe Im wrong here but I fell like wrong EV trained pokemon vs right EV trained one is something stupid? This is rpg, but still pokemons should be equal somehow...?

Technically, they are equal.
2 Pokemon, raised by battling, at level 100 will most likely both have 510 EVs.
One person might not care about EVs and Pokemon.A's EVs are all over the place, whereas Pokemon.B's EVs are properly done with the right stats.

Think of it in a similar way to stat allocation... you choose what your Pokemons strong points should be and go from there.

Shinjiru Taiyou said:

Uhm, Ludicolo is Grass/Water, so Ice and Fire attacks are neutral against it. Ice Fang has very weak base power, it's not going to scratch anything that doesn't have an Ice weakness.

EV training is always good, but apart from religiously breeding for good IVs (that's another story), it just comes down to knowing the game well. I recommend brushing up on the type chart and scrutinising your team for weaknesses before you plough into EV training.

Shinjiru Taiyou said:
Ludicolo just defeat alone my pokemons I even used ice or fire moves or flying ect. due to its weakness, but it was faster stronger and undestroyable, so I want made my team strong like others can do. I don't know if it's normal but I used 2 dragon dance, next mega evolve gyarados and use ice fang..this work on grass part like a fart
It sounds to me that your Pokemon's training isn't the problem, it's your lack of knowledge. As previously stated, Ludicolo is neutral to Ice and Ice Fang has low base power, so it's not like you should expect massive amounts of damage it. If a mediocre pokemon like Ludicolo is beating you, then it's pretty indicative that your team has some weaknesses and/or you lack skill (prediction, strategy, decision making in general).

What you said about Gyarados is very interesting, though, and I can think of several reasons that could explain your issue. Despite Ice Fang only being neutrally effective and having low power, I doubt that a +2 Mega Gyarados would do little damage to it without something else being the problem. Are you sure there weren't other stat boots involved, such as the Ludicolo having Defense boosts(maybe by Baton Pass?), or Gyarados having its Attack lowered (maybe by Intimidate?)? Had your Gyarados been weakened before sending it in? Maybe your Gyarados has poor Attack IVs and a bad nature, neither of which you can change after a Pokemon is caught, so for example a Timid 0 Attack IV Gyarados always going to be worse than say an Adamant natured Gyarados with 31 Attack IVs and there is no way to fix this without getting another one. Your questions regarding EV training, and not even knowing that super training is EV training makes me think that you also just EV trained wrong, too.

However, the biggest problem is that you made some bad decisions in battle and these mistakes cost you a match you could have and should have won. You should not have mega-evolved Gyarados. Regular Gyarados is Water/Flying and therefore neutral to Grass moves. Ludicolo is part Grass and therefore gets Same-Type-Attack_Bonus on Grass moves. Mega evolving Gyarados gets rid of your neutrality to Grass moves and instead makes you weak to Grass moves. Now that Gyarados is Water/Dark, Giga Drain or Energy Ball or whatever Ludicolo has is now Super Effective instead of neutral. This was clearly a bad move. If you hadn't just mega-evolved without thoroughly considering the consequences, your Gyarados would've lived longer, and would have been able to Dragon Dance more KO the Ludicolo.

Back