I need deck help.

Devon172448

Aspiring Trainer
Im a new member to this site and need some help designing a deck for casual play.

The main focus pokemon is Dialga G,

I want to create a deck that induces rage. So, i need a consistent decklist involving cards from any set.

Crushing hammer, team flare grunt, energy removal are cards id really like to use repeatedly. So opponent cant play any trainers, and i take their energy away constantly.

First off, this should probably have been posted to the TCG deck garage forum, but it doesn't matter that much. While I don't use decks in the unlimited format much, I love control decks, so I'll give it a go. I'm guessing you probably don't want to spend too much on the deck, but you still want a lock deck that dominates. I'm also assuming that since you said casual play, that means you can toss in a few cards that would normally be restricted even in unlimited. Here's a pretty consistent decklist, please let me know if there are any cards that you already have that you think you want to include:
  • x4 Energy Removal (One of the most broken cards ever printed)
  • x4 Professor Oak (An item that allows you to dig through most of your deck in no time)
  • x3 Lysandre's Trump Card (Never fear decking out with this card)
  • x4 Pokedex HANDY (Acro bike, but without having to discard)
  • x4 Trainers' Mail (53 of the 60 cards are trainer cards)
  • x1 Pal Pad (Lysandre's TC shuffles in everything but other LTCs)
  • x2 Chip-chip Ice Axe (Make sure your opponent draws a card they can't use)
  • x2 Energy Gain (Necessary for Dialga G to attack first turn)
  • x4 Bill (Trade one card for two? Why not?)
  • x4 Acro Bike (Again, drawing power is key)
  • x2 Escape Rope (Just in case Unown is stuck in active)
  • x4 Roller Skates (Draw, draw, draw)
  • x3 Nest Ball (Get Dialga, or draw a card with Unown)
  • x2 Frozen City (Opponent damages their own Pokemon)
  • x2 Red Card (Keep opponent grasping at straws)
  • x1 Gladion (Just in case you prized something important. Use Net Ball to make sure you have Dialga & LTC in deck)
  • x3 Judge Whistle (Play a card to get a card - essentially means you have a 56 card deck)
  • x3 Metal Energy
If you have any Item Finder, Computer Search, or Erika I would definitely add those in, but they are pretty expensive and this deck should work fine without them.

The deck i've been using is this:

x3 Dialga G

x2 Wishful baton
x3 Nest ball
x3 Hypnotoxic laser
x3 roller skates
x3 professor sycamore
x3 virbank city gym
x4 crushing hammer
x4 energy removal
x4 trainers mail
x4 kogas trap
x4 team flare grunt
x4 Cynthia
x10 steel energy

its incredibly consistent even though its not quite a complete deck, most of those cards you listed, sadly I don't own.

I want to make it so theres absolutely no chance for them to win, and I draw consistent hands.

I really appreciate your feedback!! thank you! anything I could change from this let me know!

~Moved thread from the Deck Garage to the Competitive Play Forum because the OP is asking for advice on building a deck, not providing a list and asking for critique~

Back