• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard I Need Advice On My Zoro/Pod List

Hawlucha22

Aspiring Trainer
3 Wimp out wimpod
2 Golisopod GX
1 Slugma
1 Magcargo
2 Tapu lele GX
4 Zorua
4 Zoroark GX
1 Flying flip Tapu Koko
1 Resource Management oranguru
1 Deddene FLI
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Counter Catcher
2 Devoured Field
1 Judge
1 Max Potion
3 Great ball (BROKEN CARD)
2 Professor kukui
3 Nest Ball
1 Switch
4 Ultra Ball
1 Pal Pad
3 Cynthia
1 Lillie
I'm going to a League Cup on Saturday (6/10) and thinking on playing this or Buzz/Garb/Weavile (SPAS)

That's pretty similar to what we played with yesterday, and that was a decent deck I thought - just hard to beat BuzzGarb with it.

You should look at weakness policy, that's a big help against BuzzGarb. You also need to figure some way to take advantage of Golisipod's bonus to its cheap attack when it becomes active during the turn - more escape rope/switch, guzmas (I think you had Guzmas online didn't you, do you not have them IRL?), Acerolas (same), etc.

I don't know that I find Dedenne or Tapu Koko all that useful for this deck, unless your local meta is still using Hoopa (I haven't seen Hoopa once since rotation).

Also, a few more Lillies.

I assume you have 4 DCEs in there, you leave off some of your cards so maybe that's why guzma/acerola aren't in there also?

That's pretty similar to what we played with yesterday, and that was a decent deck I thought - just hard to beat BuzzGarb with it.

You should look at weakness policy, that's a big help against BuzzGarb. You also need to figure some way to take advantage of Golisipod's bonus to its cheap attack when it becomes active during the turn - more escape rope/switch, guzmas (I think you had Guzmas online didn't you, do you not have them IRL?), Acerolas (same), etc.

I don't know that I find Dedenne or Tapu Koko all that useful for this deck, unless your local meta is still using Hoopa (I haven't seen Hoopa once since rotation).

Also, a few more Lillies.

I assume you have 4 DCEs in there, you leave off some of your cards so maybe that's why guzma/acerola aren't in there also?
Yeah I do run Guzma acerola 4DCE and 3 grass, I done goof'd on copying the list from TCGone, idk the local meta at the cup I'm going to on Saturday so I play koko deddene for ray

If you can, play the fairy Tapu Lele instead of dedene, it can knock out a powered up ray, without a Koko on the bench. If you are playing dedene, play 2 Tapu Koko to make sure you can always have it. Also, 2 devoured fields seems a little low, maybe play one more or field blowers, you will struggle against shrine if you don’t. You don’t need magcargo, but it’s not bad either, that’s up to you. Make sure you play 4 Guzma and 2 but preferably 3 acerolas. Always play 4 nest ball in zoroark, it’s essential. Max potion is iffy, if you’re playing 3 acerola you don’t need it, if you’re playing 2, keep the potion. Definitely take out the switch, if you play the Guzma/Acerola line, you will very rarely use it. Other than that, maybe add a judge? I have small tournaments every Friday at a card shop, last two times, Golisopod either won with a 5-0 or got top 4 plus that same deck got 2nd at the most recent league challenge. I have that list, I will post later, you can use it for reference if you would like, and make your own changes that you think would work well in your city’s format.

If you can, play the fairy Tapu Lele instead of dedene, it can knock out a powered up ray, without a Koko on the bench. If you are playing dedene, play 2 Tapu Koko to make sure you can always have it. Also, 2 devoured fields seems a little low, maybe play one more or field blowers, you will struggle against shrine if you don’t. You don’t need magcargo, but it’s not bad either, that’s up to you. Make sure you play 4 Guzma and 2 but preferably 3 acerolas. Always play 4 nest ball in zoroark, it’s essential. Max potion is iffy, if you’re playing 3 acerola you don’t need it, if you’re playing 2, keep the potion. Definitely take out the switch, if you play the Guzma/Acerola line, you will very rarely use it. Other than that, maybe add a judge? I have small tournaments every Friday at a card shop, last two times, Golisopod either won with a 5-0 or got top 4 plus that same deck got 2nd at the most recent league challenge. I have that list, I will post later, you can use it for reference if you would like, and make your own changes that you think would work well in your city’s format.

4 zorua
4 Zoroark GX
3 wimpod
2 golisopod GX
1 Tapu Koko
1 Tapu Lele (fairy)
2 Tapu Lele GX

4 Guzma
3 Acerola
2 Cynthia
2 Lilie
1 Judge
1 prof. Kukui
1 Apricorn maker
4 ultra ball
4 nest ball
4 Great ball
2 choice bands
2 weakness policy
1 pal pad
1 rescue stretcher
1 field blower
3 devoured field

1 grass energy
2 rainbow energy
4 double colorless

The OP's list seems a bit incomplete... no Guzmas, DCE, etc... So, using @Jack Saunders list (much more complete) above as a point of reference:

IMO, a 3rd Golisopod GX is much more important than a 4th Zoroark GX, especially in the current meta.

-1 Tapu Lele (Damage Swap); +1 Tpau Koko (Flying Flip) - definitely needed should your first one is prized

IMO, 12 Balls are excessive. I'd suggest: -2 Nest and -2 Great for +2 Lillie/P. Kukui and +2 Judge (disrupt your opponent's hand while you still can Trade) because, you still need to draw and you can't guarantee that you will be able to perform multiple Trades each turn.

consider replacing the Weakness Policy with Choice Band.

From my experience, 3 (1 G and 2 Rainbow) is insufficient. So, consider -2 Weakness Policy for +2 Rainbow.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Here's my list, got me T4 at a cup not too long ago but has been slightly tweaked since.

4 Zorua
4 Zoroark GX
3 Wimpod
2 Golisopod GX
1 Slugma
1 Magcargo
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Tapu Koko
1 Dedenne

4 Ultra Ball
4 Great Ball
3 Nest Ball
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Field Blower
1 Max Potion
1 Pal Pad

3 Choice Band
1 Weakness Policy
2 Devoured Field

3 Guzma
2 Acerola
2 Lillie
2 Apricorn Maker
2 Professor Kukui
1 Cynthia
1 Judge

4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Grass Energy

Will go into greater detail soon, am kind of pressed for time right now.

Back