I am sick to death with holofoils!

beautiful-swablu

Aspiring Trainer
I have had enough with them! In the PK set I have had a load of holofoils which are barely there. You really have to look at the cards to work out that it is holofoil and I opened a pack and at first thought there was no holofoil at all. Also why is it that when I buy DF boosters there is sometimes only half of the picture that is holo? I have had quite a few where there is a line down the middle where the holo starts. I would not mind if it was one or two cards here or there, but this has been happening a lot. I have perfectly good eyesite and so have my friends so I know it is the cards. The most recent sets seem to be the main offenders. I realise this holofoil is probably more cost effective but is it really worth it? What is the point of a holofoil that is hardly there? Has anybody else had this issue?

I have had the same problem especially with Deoxys and Dragon Frontiers (You are not the only one)

yea! I got a holo koffing, staru, and a magickarp! They stink!:(
Even though i got some dosen't mean there any good!

I only seem to get this with reverse holofoils, so it doesn't bother me that much. But yeah, I feel the quality has dropped quite a lot since emerald. The tacky delta shinies are also bad, but that's a wee bit off topic.

beautiful-swablu said:
I have had enough with them! In the PK set I have had a load of holofoils which are barely there. You really have to look at the cards to work out that it is holofoil and I opened a pack and at first thought there was no holofoil at all. Also why is it that when I buy DF boosters there is sometimes only half of the picture that is holo? I have had quite a few where there is a line down the middle where the holo starts. I would not mind if it was one or two cards here or there, but this has been happening a lot. I have perfectly good eyesite and so have my friends so I know it is the cards. The most recent sets seem to be the main offenders. I realise this holofoil is probably more cost effective but is it really worth it? What is the point of a holofoil that is hardly there? Has anybody else had this issue?
I have had this same problem only with ex dragon frontiers. I don't really think it's a big deal though.

The ones with lines are called misprints. They distinct them from other foil versions of that card, like let's say, you see a foil arbok, and a foil misprint arbok. Only the misprint arbok has the line at that area, and not the ordinary foil arbok. In short, they are more expensive.

I can understand they are misprints. But they cannot be worth that much more because there are so many of them. This has happened to almost all of my friends and they have a lot of them so it is not rare. DF is the worst set, but PK is bad as well because it is so faint. I guess I am just comparing these holos to the holos from the older sets. They have definitely got worse. Does it really cost that much more to use the old holofoil?

solaries10 said:
The ones with lines are called misprints. They distinct them from other foil versions of that card, like let's say, you see a foil arbok, and a foil misprint arbok. Only the misprint arbok has the line at that area, and not the ordinary foil arbok. In short, they are more expensive.

supply and demand ; misprints are only worth more becuse they are rare . a card that is rare is usally wanted more which raises demand for the card therefore also making the card more expensive. when a whole set is practacly composed of nothing but misprints , that means they are no longer as rare and everyone practicaly has one . if everyone already had a misprint then its no longer as exciting to have one . if it is no longer exciting to have one , then people wont want one that much anymore. then it actually lowers the demand which also then makes the card less valuble .

***so what im trying to say is that if the missprints holos are more common than the perfect holo cards, then that makes the perfect cards even more rare in that set. if??the card is more rare then the demand will be greater making it more expensive. so actually if you think about it , the perfect holo cards in df , pk,and deoxys should be worth more if there harder to come across than the misprint/mistake cards. unless they fix the problem and get more perfect or near perfect cards into circulation, then the missprints will not be worth more.

2 of my df exs had lines all the way down the middle.....i like the delta style of exs, but they could put in a little more quality.

People seem to have different opinions on which set has the worst holo. I think my problem with deoxys is more the bending than the holofoil. DF is still the worst IMO.

Back