I am new

Wizzblade

Leaf Blade!
I am extremely new to the pokemon card game. As in; I just started with the diamond/pearl set. I understand all of the aspects of play, but I am not familiar with any of the older cards from the EX sets and don't know which ones are good. Right now I have the Inferno Zone deck and the Royal Frost deck as well as 6 packs of other cards. So far, I have not been lucky enough to get many powerful cards in my packs, and I don't have enough money to buy a ton more packs or buy lots of cards on the internet. I want to know how I would go about making a deck that is more powerful than the ones I bought.

Well, firstly, Have around 16 energys in a deck, but if the decks a crawdaunt ex deck or a deoxys ex one have more, I know that some theme decks have a massive 24 energys!
You will need some good cards (obviously), but dont just go and put say, A gengar, A Luxray, An Inferape, An empoleon and a torterra in, Have only 1 or 2 types in your deck, not 5 or 6!
If your running say... An empoleon, Running one empoleon, 2 prinplups and 3 piplups would be a simple way to improve your deck.
Im sure I could think of loads more basic (or advance!) tips, but I dont have much more time today.

Thanks. I am going to try to organize what cards I have. I really need a Lv. X pokemon to help my decks though.

You don't necessarily need a Lv. X but it is always good to have, try not overdo the Pokemon you have because trainers are just as important in a real deck.

I recomend of you are new bought aruond to have 5 diferant decks of types to have al energys and ideas and to buy aruond 18 or 36 bosters that would be a wonderfull start .

any way you have to much time to prepare to next citys

here use this for a start

3 or 4 starter
2-1-2 second
3-2-3-1 main

trainers like celios,candy,holon engines,tvr,scott,stones

enery like 15 or less have dre to speed things up

im a noob too but i learned about good trainers

Hey, yes, wellcome to pokemon TCG!
I can tell you evrything you need to do:
1st:
I segest you join a pokemon league around your area. There you can trade cards, battle, and even get farther more help from the pokemon professor. To see if theres a pokemon league around your area, go to www.pokemonTCG.com

2nd:

Try to get fimilier with the cards. You do not have every pokemon card, so go online to see what pokemon cards there are, and try to see for yourself what cards are good, and also try to determin what deck you wanna builed or try to build (Ex Holon Phantoms all through Diamond and Pearl sets and so on) PokeBeach is perfect for viewing all the cards!

3rd:

Once you think you have a good deck built, or you have a deck list/strategy of the deck you wanna builed, ask your pokemon professor / other tcg players/ us!/ and/or post it it in the deck garadge so we can help you!

If you want farther more steps, just ask here or PM me!

~DeckMaster

Since you got the Infernape theme deck, that's the deck you need to go with. Ask around at the local league/tournament scene for help on a low-budget Infernape deck, which will probably not include the Lv.X or the EX Delcatty. This way you can make a decent deck with your money, and build up with it through the next tournament season as it will be legal for next year and it will be competitive.

A sample line will just be 4-3-4 Infernape and 3-3 Delcatty with 1-2 tech Budew for bad starts. Great Balls, etc. will work well for you until you are able to get the cards you need. Also focus on getting Rare Candies, as they will be very essential.

A sample of this deck might go for $70 from scratch, and if you can trade/borrow that always works as well. It's hard to pick up a game from completely nothing, but if you just focus on fixing one deck only and playing with it it makes it much easier for someone to play well after starting, instead of practicing with 3 different decks all with sub-par cards.

Arcanine out.

Back