I actually got some Championship Points!!

cf11

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys cf11 here with my third article on the beach and I am here to give you my Toronto regionals. I wake up at 8 have breakfast and enjoy a nice 45 minute car ride to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Here is my list

2 Mewtwo EX (only had 2 at the time) NX
4 Celebi Prime TM
3 Tornadus EP
1 Regigigas EX NX
1 Shaymin EX NX
1 Tyrogue COL
1 Shaymin UL

2 Eviolite
4 Junk Arm
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 PONT
4 Juniper
3 Plus Power
1 Collector
3 Dual Ball
3 Skyarrow Bridge
2 N
2 Switch
2 Super Rod

10{G}
4{C}{C}

Alright so the tournament gets delayed by about 40 minutes, but we finally started.

Round 1 Hamzha CMT

So I get paired up against one of the best players in seniors, but I know if I win this will really help my resistance. I start Celebi and Tornadus to his lone Celebi going first. I forest breath onto Tornadus and play PONT. I get a DCE, a Skyarrow and even a switch to get the turn one donk.

1-0

So that is nice to know I will have some resistance going into the later rounds.

Round 2 Antoine CMT

If you read my cities report you will know that Antoine is from Quebec and knocked me out of my first ever Top Cut back at cities. Antoine is rank in the 20s in North America so he is on his way to worlds. This game goes pretty well for me getting the standard set up taking a 5-3 prize lead. That is when I decide to bait out his Mewtwo by KOing his Celebi with my Mewtwo. Sure enough he return KOs me with his Mewtwo. I then proceed to catcher (misplay) his Shaymin knowing I have a slim chance of return KOing his Mewtwo. I then Juniper and get a pretty bad hand with no energy that I needed to attach to my Tornadus. I then dual ball to try and thin my deck and get two heads. While looking through my deck I realize I can get Shaymin and Mewtwo to take my last prize. I play them both junk arm for catcher play a plus power and bam I win.

2-0

So I am feeling pretty confident knowing I will have great resistance going forward.

Round 3 David whatta you know CMT

Again it is CMT!! I know david is in the top 20s in North America so I got another tough opponent. I start with the standard Celebi attacker start. He starts shaymin and luckily goes first to avoid the donk. The game goes on with me dominating when he drops down a Mewtwo EX to knock out my Celebi. I send out my Mewtwo to kill his and he is left with a Shaymin. On my turn I attach and plus power for game.

3-0

At this point I am amazed at myself as I have never gone 3-0 at any tournament.

Round 4 Harrison Troll

I find out that if I win this match I am guaranteed cut so I am really excited. I start the game normally, but as I run ahead he hits some key Lost Removers to take away my energy. I then go on a ten turn no energy no supporter drought. I finally take a prize and whadda you know it is a Juniper. I am at 2 prizes when he Ns me!!! He then proceeds to steam roll me with Mewtwo and I suffer my first loss of the day.

3-1

Round 5 Gilbert Zeels

I start with a Mewtwo and nothing else and go second. His deck runs 3 Zekrom EX. He focuses on that and then SSU them. That is exactly what happened to me. I was about to knock out his Zekrom EX when he plays SSU and hits tails. Phew. He then junk arms and gets it again and bam heads. The game went downhill from there.

3-2

I know my chances of cut are really low know, but hope Gilbert and Harrison win for me.

This is probably my favourite part of the report. I was kinda upset after the loss so I bought myself a NX pack. I slowly go through the cards and bam I scream "HOLY CRAP I PULLED A MEWTWO EX!!!!"

Round 6 Samuel ZEELs

Samuel is from Quebec. He plays down one Tynamo at a time and focuses on Zekrom EX. I kill 2 tynamos with Tyrogue and Plus Power. He then Junipers away his last Tynamo. From then on I just power through him as he has no energy acceleration.

I wait eagerly for the standings and I see I am.... 10th!! but wait there was a mistake they by accident put down a 4-2 playing Scizor down as a 5-1. I then wait again and am placed...9th!!! but wait there is another mistake. Then the final results are in and I am placed.... 9th!!! NOOOOO!! I was one spot away from top cut.

Pros

Pulling a Mewtwo EX from 1 pack
Writing this article
Going to the Comic Con after
Getting 4 CP
Pulling a shiny Emboar from my winnings

Slops

Missing Top Cut by one spot

Hey good work! Even though you were nineth you have something to be proud of! Good work with your pulls. (I wish I got half as good pulls :\)

Blui129 said:
Hey good work! Even though you were nineth you have something to be proud of! Good work with your pulls. (I wish I got half as good pulls :\)

thanks and that was actually the only time in my life I got good pulls :p

That really sucks, getting in ninth place. You should talk to [member]sillykyle[/member] about bubbling cut; he has a lot of experience with it.

Hey, but at least you pulled a Mewtwo. Congratulations on doing so well.

The Yoshi said:
That really sucks, getting in ninth place. You should talk to [member]sillykyle[/member] about bubbling cut; he has a lot of experience with it.

Hey, but at least you pulled a Mewtwo. Congratulations on doing so well.

Oh well what can u do about it, but the Mewtwo pull was pretty sick.

Back