• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Hypothetical Scizor GX deck

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
I want to play Scizor GX but with so little time before rotation, i wanted to plan out the deck ahead of time. I just want some feedback for what i have so far.

The idea is to at least have my opponent lose their pokemon before mine goes down i.e. buzzwole or ultra necrozma fail to knock it out and Scizor hits back for a knock out.

For example: with metal frying pan and steel wing, buzzwole would need 3 strong energy, diancie and a choice band for knuckle impact to knock scizor out and he would need a beast energy in place of a strong energy if i have reverse valley out.
So assuming my opponent isnt able to magically obtain all these in a couple turns, scizor will be left ALMOST dead in which case his ability kicks in and he can take out buzzwole ( Since scizor had attacked first with steel wing, buzzwole already has some damage on him. and if my opponent had switched to a different buzzwole, scizors GX attack plus dhelmise works just as well. Then my opponent knocks out scizor, and i bring in another scizor. rinse and repeat.

also in case my opponent tries to do a little damage at a time and keeps switching pokemon and/or healing/accerola them, i have a few healing cards to cut that miniscule damage. super potion for a little damage and max potion so scizor doesnt have to actually die if its on the verge. energy switch is there to replace energy lost due to the potions.

also dhelmise is good to use scizors gx attack to 1 hit zoroark and golisopod.

Pokémon - 11

* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 2 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 13
* 3 Scyther
* 3 Scizor GX

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Energy Switch SUM 117
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Acerola BUS 142
* 2 Super Potion EVO 87
* 4 Metal Frying Pan FLI 112
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Reverse Valley BKP 110

##Energy - 11

* 2 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
* 9 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

IF you have reverse valley out, which you only have 2 of, and it's rotating soon anyway, so you'll only be able to enjoy it for a short time. Other than that though, it's a good deck.

By “hypothetical” do you mean if Scizor GX was already in English so you could use all the rotating cards?

By “hypothetical” do you mean if Scizor GX was already in English so you could use all the rotating cards?

Its out in a couple weeks and will be usable for at least a week before rotation. plus a local card shop lets us use the cards well before its tournament legal

IF you have reverse valley out, which you only have 2 of, and it's rotating soon anyway, so you'll only be able to enjoy it for a short time. Other than that though, it's a good deck.

yeah only two reverse valley since hell need beats energy, 2 strong energy, diancie and a choice band, and at that point he put all his eggs in one bascket and the scizor knocks him out. plus it also removes the opposing stadium so you dont have to use up field blower.

Im thinking of swapping the nest balls for brigette though. and maybe evosoda

looks good, I would probably play my version with zoroark for the draw power especially after rotation with limited draw support. The deck could run very similar to a traditional Zoroark build, less energies and more trainer resources. but i do believe scizor should have some playability after rotation in some form of deck.

I had that thought too but i refuse to play zoroark on principle. I like to stand out so I hate using pokemon that are used to absurd amounts. And i hate zoroark as card too much to use it myself.
Besides, with Guzma so easy to get, why would I put an easy target like zoroark in? Im even on the fence on keeping tapu lele in

I had that thought too but i refuse to play zoroark on principle. I like to stand out so I hate using pokemon that are used to absurd amounts. And i hate zoroark as card too much to use it myself.
Besides, with Guzma so easy to get, why would I put an easy target like zoroark in? Im even on the fence on keeping tapu lele in
Fair enough just what im thinking of playing after rotation. I think that the new baby celesteela could be a good tanky one prized tech for your deck. Might be a good idea to add maybe another one prized attacker?

Fair enough just what im thinking of playing after rotation. I think that the new baby celesteela could be a good tanky one prized tech for your deck. Might be a good idea to add maybe another one prized attacker?

thats a good idea actually. dont know if it can fit in this build though. maybe swap a max elixir for it? the max elixirs are there mostly to be energy switched later in the match so i guess i could drop one
as for another 1 prizer... maybe baby dusk main necrozma? but at that point i should keep the max elixirs and swap something else

Last edited:
If you have solgaleo and elixirs shouldn’t be a problem. It also kinda runs like baby Buzzwole I feel. I think it shouldn’t be too difficult to time the attack with it so you only need one metal to hit for 160. Plus 140 Hp for a non gx basic. Super tanky (factor in frying pan too)!!

hopefully that would be enough. I swapped a dhelmise for it XD I cant really get rid of anything else. so hopefully it doesnt get prized often

Yeah might be ok. I guess all comes to testing. Also maybe running 4 DCE could be good so you have a higher chance of quickly powering up your scizor for its gx attack? Then you could possibly drop all your elixirs? But if you have been able to test then you would know better than me. Im gonna have to pull some scizors for sure this weekend at a prerelease. Fingers crossed lol

I have been thinking of a Scizor build. I was consider the partner to be Banet since we can utilize unit energy and rainbow and move the counters.

Back