Hydreigon Pachirisu Shaymin

Do you think this could work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

benjamo234

Magikarp Lord
Do you think it would be possible to run a rogue deck with hydreigon pachirisu and shaymin. On turn 2 you could set up a hydreigon with 2 electric and a DCE. You could also include zekrom and have hydreigon as a late game attacker. Do you think this could work?

EDIT: Please follow the Player's Sandbox rules. I added the links. ~EspeonROX.

Code:
Hydreigon – Darkness – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Zweilous

Ability: Dark Aura
All Energy attached to this Pokemon becomes Darkness Energy.

[D][D][D][D] Dangerous Blade: 60 damage. Choose 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and this attack also does 40 damage to each of those Pokemon (don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench).

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 3

Pachirisu from Call of Legends.
Shaymin from HS-Unleashed.

I think attacking with Zekrom T1 is better than attacking with Hydregion turn whatever, for 60 damage (to the active).

If you deal 140, that's good and all... but not really if they simply blue flare, then blue flare again.

To be honest I'll be surprised to see hydreigon hit the top tables, he tends to fall into the 'Its good but' category, in this case 'Its good but' there are cards that use his abusable engines, can use them better and faster plus have better recovery, which Is a shame because I'd like to see this card succeed 60 plus 2 40's is very nice also the ability to use pretty much any energy acceleration the format offers is another major boost.

The major problem is Hydreigon's best engines (emboar-tails and PS) are both better utilised by Reshiram and Zekrom respectively and both being basics with amazing damage output and the ability to be revived completely with (ironically) revive.

Hyd has alot of potential i think. with the expected popularity of tyranibuzz decks actually being good it might have a niche in the meta

Uhm...if you are gonna attack T2 with hydreigon,why not just attach 2 dce's o_O...really i dont see s/p engine necessary for the first hydreigon,maybe for late game...but even then,a secondary attacker like mandibuzz would be better to pick off hte weakened bench...

well if you can draw p/s or collector/dual ball and two lightning energies and a dce...why not just two dce...?they cannot be recovered yes...but atleast you get 2 hyd's fully charged and that should be enough for spreading 280-560 dmg...

Sad to say, with Hydreigon being one of my favorites from Gen V games, I don't ever see myself running a deck with him, at least not yet. Theres really nothing good to support him that doesn't support something else better. As other stated already above, PS is really better used with Zekrom, and seeing as how Eviolite comes out this set, with the ability (or rather potential) to do T1 Bolt Strike with half or no backlash damage, the deck is only getting better. Reshiboar/Reshiplosion/Magneboar are the best Emboar/Typhlosion setups as well, and given that Hydreigon is a Stage 2 (granted so is Magnezone, but Magnezone has higher OHKO potential), it would be slower to set up than Reshiboar or Reshiphlosion.

I don't agree with Riskbreaker about the DCE's, however. You could easily (I use the term in the context that you draw well) get T2 Hydreigon attack if you use Energy Exchanger to throw a Basic D energy in to search out a DCE, but you'd need to draw one DCE or 2 Exchangers for that to work out.

Another sad flaw to poor Hydreigon is his weakness. 2X fighting means he is going to be horribly suceptible to Donphan/Landorus/Krookodile/Terrakion. Donphan and Landorus can ALMOST OHKO with their attacks, and Krookodile and Terrakion can do it quite easier if Krook is ran with a DC placer such as Kingdra or Hydreigon KOd another Pokemon the past turn.

Still, I love Hydreigon and if it manages to work out somehow, or gets better support, I'd run it.

"On turn 2 you could set up a hydreigon with 2 electric and a DCE."

On turn 2 you could get him set up with 2 dce...

If you're going pachi/shaymin, why not just use zekrom!?
Hydregion is a good pokemon, but being capped at 60 max damage is terrible. Tyranitar's spread attack is arguably better than Hydregions - but Ttar also has megaton tail to back it up. I think that Hydregion could be good with catcher, pulling up a high retreat poke and sniping around it. However, Ttar is basically just better.

60, even with 40/40 spread, for 4 energy on a Stage 2 will never be as good as 120 on a Basic for 3 energy (Zekrom/Reshiram), 60 on a Stage 1 for 1 energy and a minor drawback (Donphan), or even 70 on a stage 1 for 0 energy (Yanmega). I don't see this going anywhere.

I think Hydreigon has some good potential. In theory, you could take 3 prizes in two turns against a Zekrom deck. Hydreigon starts becoming a beast when his damage starts stacking up everywhere for multiple kills. Obviously, most things out speed him by...well by a lot, but you just have to make a consistent deck list. Personally, I think just one DCE per Hydreigon is enough though. If you rely on it too much, they will be used up before you know it. I'm not sure what the preferred energy acceleration is though. You really just have to leave that up to testing.

Back