• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

HydraBoar Sniper (Hydreigon/Emboar)

pokemaster563

BABY MUSHROOM! <3 :D
Okay, here we have my new deck. I had a LostGar deck, but I decided that once people came out with one of these decks, my deck would DIE. But here it is, a simple sniper deck.

Pokemon:
3 Deino
2 Zwellious
3 Hydreigon
2 Tepig #15
1 Pignite #17
2 Emboar Ability
2 Stantler
2-2 Suicune Entei Legend
Total: 19

T/S/S:
Trainer: 15
4 Rare Candy
2 Switch
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
2 Pokemon Catcher

Supporter: 9
4 PONT
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Interviewers Questions
Total: 25

Energy: 17
9 Fire Energy
3 DCE
3 Special Dark Energy
2 Rescue Energy

Hydreigon - Darkness -HP150
Stage 2 - Evolves from Zweilous

Ability: Dark Aura
All Energy attached to this Pokémon is {D} Energy instead of its usual type.

[D][D][D][D] Darkness Sword: 60 damage. This attack does 40 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 3

Zweilous - Darkness - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Deino

[C] Double Hit: 20x damage. Flip 2 coins, this attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
[D][C][C] Strength: 50 damage.

Retreat: 2

Deino - Darkness - HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Headbutt: 10 damage.
[D][C] Bite: 20 damage.

Retreat: 2

Strategy:
Get up Emboar and Hydreigon and start attaching energy to Hydreigon. Start doing damage to their active while doing damage to their bench as well. Suicune+Entei Legend is for Donphan and anything new that comes out. :p Everything else should be self explanatory.

Help Requests:
I need a way to make this deck more consistent.

Thanks for reading my decklist. Please leave any and all comments below.

-1-1-1 Emboar you shouldn't need more than a 3-2-3 line with 2 Emboar ability and 1 Badboar
-1 PlusPower since pluspower only does more to active it isn't a huge card in this deck
-1 Super Scoop Up I think this is more situational for recovering cleffa so it won't be catchered
-1 Interviewer's Questions 2 is good
-2 Fire Energy I think with DCE to power up Hydreigon faster you don't need as many fire energy

+1 Rare Candy with two Stage 2 lines you need 4
+1 Pokemon Communication without any other ways to search evolved pokemon 4 of these is best
+2 Junk Arm this card is huge for this deck because of how many trainers you have
+2 PONT with only 1 cleffa you will want 4 of these
+2 Energy Retrieval recovers energy, like you said you wanted
+8

I really think you need some Catcher to pull up weak Pokemon that can't do much so you can snipe around them. Switch is also necessary for getting abilityboar out of the active spot if he gets catchered, but again I can't find room for it.

i forgot to put catcher on the help list to start this off. so yeah, i understand that fully.

and i'll take out a 1-1-1 emboar line, pluspower, both super scoop up, IQ, but the energy is kinda iffy. i really dont like junk arm, but two might be okay... should i just take out the cleffa?

Yeah, since this will be after catcher is released, so every baby you run is like a free prize. If you want a starter I'd say the ones to consider are Manaphy and Stantler.

***BUMP***

changed cleffa to manaphy and said changes in my earlier post.

====

changed manaphy to stantler.

should i take out some fire energy for some rainbow energy, so that badboar can just attack and not have to get rid of two energies?

For rainbow energy you still have to discard but that's not why I posted.

I think your deck should have some draw engine for consistency, be it ninetales or shaymin/shuckle. But if you were to add them I can't think of what you'd remove for it but right now the deck looks good. If you have ideas for what to remove then I would definitely put ninetales or shaymin/shuckle in but I have no idea what to remove.

oh, i didnt think it would. but i have plenty of draw power. interviewers for energy, PONT for refresh, collector/stantler for basic search, then communicator for when i need an evo. then there are two junk arm so i can reuse a few of those trainers if i need them. shuckle/shaymin i dont think would have much synergy with this deck. but thanks for the suggestions! :D

i completely forgot about special dark energy, should i take out a few fires for some special dark? that would mean i wouldnt need any plus powers or such. i could take out the two plus power for two special dark. any rates?

I believe Hydregon's ability turns special darks into normal darkness energy so I think fire would be better.

It doesn't. I asked DE about it, and he said that it doesn't change the card's text, so it still provides the damage boost. Now the only question is: how many Fire energy to take out for Special Dark energy?

3 special dark for damage boost is good. IMO 4 special dark will get on the way when you want to attack with emboar (attack) so I think 3

thats what i was thinking. cause i only have three hydreigon and i just need 2HKO ability on things like reshis and zekroms. so heres the changes:

-3 Fire Energy
+3 Special Dark Energy

Should I take out the PlusPower for some Switch, as I will no longer need them. And the lowest full evolved poke retreat cost (besides Stantler) is Hydreigon with 3. Then I can Junk Arm them back if need be.

pokemaster563 said:
Pokemon:
3 Deino
2 Zwellious
3 Hydreigon
3 Tepig #15
2 Pignite #17
3 Emboar (2 Ability/1 Attack)
2 Stantler
Total: 18

T/S/S:
Trainer: 16
4 Rare Candy
2 Plus Power
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Junk Arm
2 Pokemon Catcher

Supporter: 9
4 PONT
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Interviewers Questions
Total: 25

Energy: 17
9 Fire Energy
3 DCE
3 Special Dark Energy
2 Rescue Energy

Okay, I'd cut 1-1-1 Emboar, the Emboar without the Ability, the pluspowers, and the Interviewers. That's 7 spots. With that I'd add in 2-2 Suicune + Entei legend, which makes dealing wtih Donphan who you are weak to so much easier, and you also get the beatdown on Reshiram. I'd then add in a 1-1 Ninetales, and a 1 Reshiram. If you can find the room, I'd add another 1-1 room of ninetales.

Well, the badboar was for the donphans. 150 damage as opposed to 80/120 from legend/reshiram. the pluspowers i was planning on taking out for some switches. The Ninetails might help, but then again, i'd probably only consider a 1-1. But thanks for helping! (even after i asked you to. :p)

Ive decided to reconsider that offer. I will take out a 1-1-1 Badboar and the two Energy Retrieval for a 2-2 SEL and a Junk Arm. So,

-1-1-1 Badboar
-2 Energy Retrieval

+ 2-2 Suicune+Entei Legend
+1 Junk Arm

Any rates?

Back