• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Hustling Strike: Incineroar GX

TyTheWingedCat

Podsquad
I got a Incineroar GX card from a Pre-Release today and saw its Hustling Strike attack, and I thought it could be a good card to use, The only problem I see is getting its damage set up, also a little more energy.

Pokemon: 16
3 Litten- SM24
1-Torracat- SM25
3- Incineroar GX- SM27
2- Entei- AOR14
2- Shaymin EX- ROS 106
2- Vulpix- EVO 14
2- Ninetales- PCR 21
1- Flareon EX- GEN RC28

Trainers:
4 Professor Sycamore
4 VS Seeker
3 N
3 Sky Field
3 Trainers Mail
3 Ultra Ball
2 Choice Band *Coming in SM2, so cant use currently, trying to find substitutes for it*
2 Lysandre
2 Nest Ball
2 Timer Ball
2 Float Stone
1 Brocks Grit
1 Team Flare Grunt
1 Olympia
1 Lillie
1 Team Skull Grunt

Energy: 8
8 Fire Energy

Probably use them over Choice Band until that's available. When it is, however, I'd consider offing Lillie and possibly a copy of N.

Have you considered the baby Volcanion just to spread bits of energy across things like Flareon-EX and Entei? Deck space seems tight as is though.

Pull choice band, skull grunt, and an energy. You might even want to drop another energy and add another sky field just to ensure you can get it. But this is all theorymon - I definitely agree with your main idea here though: Incineroar can potentially do A LOT of damage for only 1 energy.

@Vitiel I considered it, But Entei does something similar, Discard the top 4 cards of your deck, and attach any fire you find there to your pokemon in any way you like.
I will try cutting the bands for the rare candy

@21times Yeah, I will cut 1 energy for a Sky field as it is nessecary for good damage.

I considered it, But Entei does something similar, Discard the top 4 cards of your deck, and attach any fire you find there to your pokemon in any way you like.
Um, generally hard milling your own deck isn't a great idea, especially with only 8- energy (minus the one attached to entei) in deck, so your chances are about half those of max elixir, aswell as discarding potential resources e.g. vs seeker. Also probably not worth running 2 entei.

Incineroar-GX reminds me of the gen 1 Blaine's Charizard deck that had a 1 energy decent damage attack and high hp. Charizard used pokemon breeder (rare candy) to setup fast and pokemon center (max potion) to heal while outputting constant damage and being almost unknockoutable. In this fashion I'd like to contribute max potion as a must.

Add oricorio (sm2)? Think about potentially going down to 1 ninetails (mb 1 vulpix too), pretty much every list people have run past me so far has a 2-1 line. Volcanion is another potentially niche pick in that with a fury belt it can setup your GX-attack (20(+10) + 200(+20) = 250) for the mirror match?

You need more fire types. It's attack is 10+ 20 more for each {F} pokemon on your bench. Baby Volcanions, Turt GX, ETC.

When GUR comes out, I would definitely add a couple Fire type Oricorio, which can get more fire types on your bench.

Back