Pokemon Huge amount of gen 3 fake games

Ashebull

CAN'T. STOP. FLYING!
Something I really wondered, why was it that during the release of gen 3 games for the GBA like firered, leafgreen, ruby and sapphire, hundreds of fake games followed? And during gen 4, I can barely find any fake.

Well, there are many fake generation 4 and above games however they are way more rare to spot than GBA fakes because when GBA was first release, people had lots of sells and profit from fakes. Now a days people know Genuine and fake so businese is tough for fake sellers. Those are my theories

Probably because a fake gen 3 would be MUCH easier to make than a fake gen 4+ game. This because of easier graphics, sprites, roms, etc. to base it on.

Maybe cause gen 3 the CD is easier to make then the DS chip that requires a MICRO SD card chip inside the actual game disc

Something I really wondered, why was it that during the release of gen 3 games for the GBA like firered, leafgreen, ruby and sapphire, hundreds of fake games followed? And during gen 4, I can barely find any fake.
This is because Generation Three, Two, and One games are much easier to hack due to the games being in 2D. Generation Four and Five games are much more complex, and takes time to produce the technology to hack them. Generation Three games are also smaller in size, meaning data can be read much easier. Of course, discussion of ROMs is against the rules, iirc, so I'd rather just stop there with my explanation.

Because hacking things have been made to hack generation III games, in generation IV is much more harder, not to mention gen V

Back