How to get WII games from the past

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Here is how to get the games on the past on the WII

1. Go to shopping channel
2. use your credit card to buy WII points (I am not sure where you go exactly to get them)
3. You need 500 points to buy a game and each point is 1 cents so to get a game it is $5.00
4. When it first comes out it will have 30 games to get and they will add more as time passes on
5. Check the december issue of nintendo power if I missed something because it goes something like this .

Oh 1 other thing to get on the internet and to play the old games you have to buy seperate ports and the controller for the older games costs $20.00.:)

I like what Nintendo is doing with the Wii. I'm honestly not into games like I used to be, but something completely new and potentially revolutionary is something that catches my eye. I'm just a little tired of the old way of playing.

^ I completely agree. There's only so much you can do with a joystick and buttons, and pretty much all original ideas have now been exhausted. The wiimote on the other hand has so many potential uses it's incredible.

Ah... I can't wait to play Lylatwars again. That's starwing to you americans :p

Your info is a little incorrect. Games are divided into categories for their systems, NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, etc. The only revealed prices so far are:

NES: $5
SNES: $8
N64: $10

I don't believe Sega has revealed the Genesis games yet, but my guess is they'll be $8 as well, if not a bit cheaper than the SNES titles. But yes, you download them with points that you can get either by Points cards, which are found at various retail stores, or by purchasing them online via Nintendo's store with a credit card.

You'll need the VC controller to play all VC games except for the NES ones. You can just tilt the remote on its side and it becomes an NES controller. SNES and up though, requires more buttons.

I'm getting one on launch. Just over a week away! Can time go any slower!?

bacon-boy said:
^ I completely agree. There's only so much you can do with a joystick and buttons, and pretty much all original ideas have now been exhausted. The wiimote on the other hand has so many potential uses it's incredible.

Ah... I can't wait to play Lylatwars again. That's starwing to you americans :p

There's still a lot of people that haven't opened up their minds to the Wii. To moment they lay eyes on the satelitte looking remote controller they say "that's stupid". PS3 is too expensive and dull for my liking. I might get a 360 one day maybe just for Halo 3 alone. I need a job. :/

True, alot of people are still being blunt about it. But people are begining to turn their heads around, perhaps out of curiousity more than anything. I'm pretty confident the wii will do well though, probably tieing with the 360. PS3... well, sony got greedy, I guess (and just because I said that it does NOT make me a nintendo fanboy).

Alchemist_Almighty said:
Your info is a little incorrect. Games are divided into categories for their systems, NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, etc. The only revealed prices so far are:

NES: $5
SNES: $8
N64: $10

I don't believe Sega has revealed the Genesis games yet, but my guess is they'll be $8 as well, if not a bit cheaper than the SNES titles. But yes, you download them with points that you can get either by Points cards, which are found at various retail stores, or by purchasing them online via Nintendo's store with a credit card.

You'll need the VC controller to play all VC games except for the NES ones. You can just tilt the remote on its side and it becomes an NES controller. SNES and up though, requires more buttons.

I'm getting one on launch. Just over a week away! Can time go any slower!?

I have that info from nintendo power and I am not sure how this is going to work but it is something like this but I am not sure and you have to have a credit card to get your we points too.:)

Nice job quoting something and doing nothing......anyways, I've bought 2 games so far, sonic and wario woods (never tried it, but I had to play it). I'm wondering were the other games are (I see only 2 pages...)

xxashxx said:
(I am not sure where you go exactly to get them)
I saw a card you could buy with wii points on it at fred meyer. (so you can probly buy it at any place that sells video games)

Yeah you need a credit card of some sort to get the points too but I am not sure how it works.:)

Everything these days is done by cards :/

I guess you go to a game store and trade money for points. I hope the whole thing isn't done online, I never trust those things. Plus when the wii comes out I'll need a pretty good reason to leave the house :p

There is a shopping Wii channel you can access once you are connected to a broadband connection.(cable dsl service)and your Wii has to be connected to your computer for this to work.:)

Your Wii isn't actually connected to your computer. My computer is two rooms away from my room, which is where my Wii is. Instead, it uses a wireless signal to access the shop from a router or other viable access point. I'll clear up some info here:

-In order to access the Shop, News (coming soon) or Weather Channel (coming soon) you need high-speed internet and a router, preferably a wireless one, since they give a stronger signal.
-You can get Wii Points by either buying Wii Points cards, which work like iTunes cards, or you can add points through the Shop Channel online by using your credit card and charging a certain amount to it, either $10, $20, $30, or $50, to which I have a gripe about. There should be a custom-input command, since you may only need 100 points to purchase a game, but right now you're forced to buy at least 1000.
-I listed the game prices earlier, but NES games are 500 points, SNES 800, N64 1000, Sega 800, and TurboGrafix 600. MSX is another console that will be on the VC, but no games have shown up for it yet. Pricing on the MSX games are not released as of yet (that I know of) but my guess is it'll be 600.
-All VC games are compatible with a Gamecube controller. You do not have to purchase the classic controller if you don't want to. NES and TurboGrafix games will work by holding the remote sideways and using the 1 and 2 buttons for A and B.

Ninteno had some issues uploading the games to the Virtual Console, so they are updating the VC Network every Monday through December. Once January hits, they plan on releasing 10 games per month, although they haven't specified if it will happen in one giant update or if it will happen weekly like it is now (I pray for 5 games every other week).

All this info is from me, since I've done all of this already. If there's one thing I keep up on, it's gaming news.

Wow thanks a lot and that is the first news I have heard since the Wii was released.:)

Back