How to get to worlds?

paris1010

Elite Four
Ok, so me and my friend are coming into the pokemon season super late.
But we want to try and compete at worlds. But we know that you need to be invited first of course. But do you need to compete in ALL the tournament events to even be considered for a spot? i.e (BR Autumn, City's, etc)? Like every single one? Or....?

And also if you are invited to worlds is the air and hotel fees covered? I forget?

If you're just getting into pokemon i wouldn't try and shoot for Worlds you should aim a bit lower. (but that's just my opinion)

You don't have to play at every single tournament event to get a spot at worlds (but it would help if you did. Prereleases don't count becaue these events do not affect your Player Rating) But then even so, you have to place very well in each tournament so that your overall rating goes up so the tournaments you really want to do well at are States, Nationals and Regionals as they have a high K-value which means winning a game at these types of tournament will increase your rating more than winning a game at BRs.

Main point being is that you want to place in the top 80(?) in the whole of the USA to garantee yourself and invite for worlds (much harder than it sounds). Or you could try and place between 1st-4th at Nationals which will also get you an invite to worlds OR try and "grind" into worlds via the Last Chance Qualifiers which they hold before worlds to get an invite.

I'm not too sure about the air cost and the hotel fees.

Well you dont have to play in nearly any of the tournaments if you dont want to. All you have to do to go to worlds is get in the top 4? i think at nationals. Or you could get invited by your rating. If you do get invited by your rating then its not a free trip, you have to pay.

Hmmm... No. You don't have to play in every tournament. If you really want to get into Worlds, hold on, let me list some steps.

1: Ranking Points that are high enough
2: T4 or T8 at Nationals
3: Grind into Worlds (Grinder slots are changed between each year)

For you to go to Worlds, yeah, I would say your plane trip there is free and the hotel and stuff. If you can't afford to go to nats, why not try going to Regionals? 1st place winners get a free trip to Nationals.

PokeBun said:
You have to win nationals I think

You don't have to win Nats. Otherwise if that was the only way, only a handful of players would be at Worlds =P

But yeah, your Premier Rating and how well you do at Nats is what makes a big difference. The higher the rating, the more odds you get into getting an invite. And if you place high at Nats (like top 4 or something) then you get an invite to worlds.

And I do also believe that it is the top 40 players from your division getting the invite at Nats.

So is there like a certain amount of points that you should attain before you get your invites? Because I think I'm going to miss Regionals, but Nationals and BR Spring are two I think I can make.

paris1010 said:
So is there like a certain amount of points that you should attain before you get your invites? Because I think I'm going to miss Regionals, but Nationals and BR Spring are two I think I can make.

Not a set amount, because the amount of points for the invite varies. They send out invites in terms of what place you are in, not how many points you have (but the amount of points you have effects what place you are in.)

Odds are, getting to Worlds with only those two tourneys might be difficult. BR's don't give you a lot of points when you win, and if you are just starting out odds are winning Nats is going to be a very, very, very difficult challenge.

just go from nats grinders will have many non usa pro players so not much chance

Back