Discussion How to beat Night March

For those of us who do not run Night March, but compete against it a lot, I'd suggest:
  • Know how the "average" NM deck operates;
  • Run 2+ Silent Lab to minimize/shutdown the opportunities for your opponent's use of Shaymin EX; and
  • Run 2+ Judge to disrupt your opponent's hand.

Great tournament; congrats!

Mine is about the same too.
  • Know how the "average" NM deck operates;
  • Run 2 Enhance Hammers
  • Run 2 Delinquent to disrupt your opponent's hand and kill the stadium
  • Run Xerosic
  • Run Startling Megaphone
  • Run 2 Jeriachi Promo
  • Run 4 Puzzle of Time
  • Run 3+ Stadiums
  • Play Smart -- Like don't get greedy, if you have the shaymin EX in hand and Prof Sycamore, by the love of pokemon don't drop the Shaymin Ex, at that point you sort of asking for the lost.
But ya, it's a tough deck to play against. I generally do not play it because there is not much thinking power to it. It's like the Hordor of Pokemon. Hordor like Night March, "Hordor, Hordor, Hordor!!!" But I've had a lot of success against it with those cards, played across a span of different decks. A couple of times, I've only played unown, Jeriachi and Delinquent. Night March has a hard time taking all six prizes, one at a time, before decking. If you can stall them, you don't even have to play any of your ex's, you just Delinquent them over, and over and over again, and force them to draw more cards, and then watch them do big damage on little basic Pokemon. Allot of times, they just deck.

Those are my tactics.

I would just like to add KO Joltiks with Shaymin when you can. Pick up as many Shaymins as you can so your opponent can't take easy prizes off of them. This is really good for the Night March mirror too. Even if you don't have Shaymin on the Bench, if you have it and DCE in your hand, you can KO Joltik while preserving your energy.

You should also be wary of late game Target Whistles. I won a really close game by playing Puzzle of Time to clear all of the Shaymins out of my discard pile when my opponent had Target Whistle + Lysandre the next turn.

I would just like to add KO Joltiks with Shaymin when you can. Pick up as many Shaymins as you can so your opponent can't take easy prizes off of them. This is really good for the Night March mirror too. Even if you don't have Shaymin on the Bench, if you have it and DCE in your hand, you can KO Joltik while preserving your energy.

You should also be wary of late game Target Whistles. I won a really close game by playing Puzzle of Time to clear all of the Shaymins out of my discard pile when my opponent had Target Whistle + Lysandre the next turn.

Smart Mora, Very Smart! You running puzzle of time in every deck? I know I'm starting to get very fond of the cards for a lot of my decks.

Smart Mora, Very Smart! You running puzzle of time in every deck? I know I'm starting to get very fond of the cards for a lot of my decks.

Not every deck. I tried playing it in Vespiquen / Vileplume because I found it really hard not to go through the deck without having to get rid of important stuff sometimes, and Bunnelby wasn't fast enough. I ultimately decided that I didn't like it though. But there are a few decks that I like it in. Obviously Night March, but YZG is another one. Anything that uses Special Energy should consider it in my opinion.

Ya, I run it with my dragon decks and they have been doing increasingly better against Night March because of it. Being able to pull the dde back and enhance hammer, starts slowing down Night March. Or using the endgame lysandre to pop joltiks off the bench, just gives a bit more options.

Simple just play m mewtwo decks!(Please watch this)----------->
<------(not me).

And if they're using Fighting Fury Belt, you can promote Breakthrough Yveltal after Shaymin attacks and disable the belt.

Try Trevenant BREAK with bats to get easy kills, going for multiple KO's in one turn.
What also beats Night March 9 out of 10 times is Greninja BREAK. Make it run fast enough and you'll beat Night March for sure!

Back