How Safe is Serebii forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SkittyOnWailord is here on PB! OMG! Thats crazy! Haha. Anyways, I am on Serebii, and its pretty safe. I mean as previously stated, its just REALLY slow, cause a ton of people are on at a time. Otherwise its good.

I have a serebii, people seem to very nice on there from what I experienced.
Its pokegym that really gives me a BIG headache . oii >.>

As long as you don't mention Pokebeach, Serebii's just fine. What led you to think that it was a virus-filled site?

Actually his forums were hacked several times a month or so ago (his index page too). When you visited it, it gave virus warnings. But it's probably safe now.

Good because I think my computer has it's own little version of a nightmare about Seribii. I visited the site once, and had to get like three virus check programs. To hear safe again is big news.

MylesPrower said:
As long as you don't mention Pokebeach, Serebii's just fine. What led you to think that it was a virus-filled site?

The Traffic is much higher than here and they have had some forums crashes. Some forums do bring bugs so that is why I asked before I joined because I did not know how safe it would be. I like to ask members before I join a forum to find out what it is like so I have an idea. It is the smartest thing any member can do. I find the site fun and sure does keep you busy too.:)

Water Pokémon Master said:
Actually his forums were hacked several times a month or so ago (his index page too). When you visited it, it gave virus warnings. But it's probably safe now.

How often does this happen? Does it happen more often than here or is it going to happen a lot?:) Thanks.:)

they don't even have a trading corner:p plus like others said extremely huge like 20 some b-days a day! I joined and quickly stopped in like 1 day a decent thread will have 3 pages:/

if only nerdy elitism was a computer virus... sadly it's not and the forums are perfectly (slow) safe.

xxashxx said:
C88 could you please stop saying everything is 95% hacked when it is NOT hacked? please? Just because you use Pokesav to hack check does not mean it is hacked. Pokesav is not the official hack checker to hack check Pokemon. It checks it in a way that the other hack checkers don't but it does not mean it is hacked. So far you are the only one that says the Pokemon that everyone trades wherever they are on whichever forums are hacked. Could you please sto saying this Pokemon is hacked and 95 % of them are hacked. Thanks. How do you know that the events are hacked and if they have the correct OT and ID how do you know they are hacked without using Pokesav? Please tell me that. Thanks. Anyway it sounds like the site is pretty safe to go to then so I will probably sign up and post there as well. What do you guys mean by the mods picking favorites? What is so bad about that?:)

xxashxx said:
How do you guys actually know that they are hacked though? I am only wondering since it probably is not that much different than here. The only thing so far that is different from here is that you can't post your own player thread like here and it is all in one big thread. Anyway Thanks for the help and more post are appreciated so please keep posting away. Thanks.:)

Well considering I have a friend who trades Pokemon on the forums here and just about everywhere, I have access to every shiny, and event from over the past year or so on beach, shortly after I stopped trading, and well let's just say out of the 1000+ pokemon I obtained, over 950, were hacked. Also when you say I was PokeSav, get your facts straight. Never heard of an R4? Well it can hack check your Pokemon. I used PokeSav for a short time with a combination of PAC, and PBR, which basically caught most the hacks, and I did find errors with PAC and PokeSav as mentioned above by SkittyOnWailord. As for the events and shinies you have, from the names I see of them and the matches in my box, I am going to safely say 90-95% of your events and shinies are hacks, not to offend the people who traded them to you, as there is really no telling where a hack started.

Then just to speak for Serebii's side of trading, lag and hacks makes it 100% dead. As mentioned by SkittyOnWailord, the noobs are to be avoided, so expect you to be avoided for awhile. As for the hack checks I have ran there, 80-85% were hacks, however with the larger crowd, it's harder to cover them all. Just to say off my knowledge of wi-fi trading on Serebii.

As for the favorites thing, Some do, Some don't. Simply put. SOW from observation, doesn't seem like that kind of person.

Now to speak of the hacking, Of course it doesn't happen often. >.> It was a hacker that got in and simply did some bad things, not to necessarily mean simple things. They got hacked like a month ago from my knowledge, and from my stand point right now, Serebii is cleared of all viruses, and the likes.

Just something to keep you thinking.

Holy Star said:
Those forums are really slow to load. I guess they're just that POPULAR!

They load pretty fast for me. once in a while I have to click 2 or 3 times to get it to go. Other than that I am very happy with the site and members and one of the members actually told me about my Italian Shaymin. I found out it might be from Greece but it is under the Italian heading on the event list. I got a legit PokeFesta Magmar yesterday an a PCNY Altaria and some GCA events+Shiny's today.:)

I must agree that the forums are slow. I'm even trying it as a guest, and yet it takes quite a while for just moving from forum to forum.

I guess it's pretty safe. I've lurked around Serebii a bit and my virus detection said that it was pretty fine. Just watch out for some Turkish Hackers =0

Yeah I have noticed it slow sometimes but not as bad as I though and I am finally starting to get events now too.:)

pictures

Please stay on topic. This thread is about Serebii forums. Please private message (PM) a person if you wish to discuss their avatar or something else. You can also PM me if you have any questions. Thank you. -Shining Raikou

Serebii forums are pretty interesting, I've liked there design and topics, However, Some topics people argue with you and its annoying
I would advise join but try not to get into fights

Jimbster, please don't post in threads that haven't had new posts for two weeks or more unless you have something significant to add to the discussion of the thread. Thanks!

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back