Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

NJPokeDad

Aspiring Trainer
Looking at eBay sold listings, secret rare Ultra Balls go for around $150 to $200 in Near Mint condition. If you could post some pictures, we could probably help you evaluate the condition.

(By the way, I find it awesome that you're playing with your family!)

Thanks for your help. My kids and I love playing games. TCG, video games, etc. Surprisingly, they are teenagers now, glad they still enjoy it.

I attached a few pics. I have a bunch of other stuff, ace specs, full arts from the plasma stuff. Not sure how much people want the cycled cards.

Attachments

• 20160907_153621.jpg
    20160907_153621.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160907_153629.jpg
    20160907_153629.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 10

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
That looks like it's in pretty good condition! You could definitely list it as Nm. The only defect I see is maybe a small nick on the bottom front of the card?

As for the other cards, there is still some demand for older BW stuff for expanded play / collection purposes. Full arts are worth around $10 - $20 from what I can tell. Secret rare Charizard from Plasma Storm is also worth quite a bit.

NJPokeDad

Aspiring Trainer
That looks like it's in pretty good condition! You could definitely list it as Nm. The only defect I see is maybe a small nick on the bottom front of the card?

As for the other cards, there is still some demand for older BW stuff for expanded play / collection purposes. Full arts are worth around $10 - $20 from what I can tell. Secret rare Charizard from Plasma Storm is also worth quite a bit.

You just made my day. I will be using all this stuff to try and get all the cards I need to build our decks. Remember I have to get multiple copies of everything since there are a few of us.

Thanks Again.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
any idea about how much it could be worth??

It's hard to price miscut cards because their value is very discretionary. There are some people who specifically collect miscuts, and to such a buyer the card would probably be worth more than the card's standard value, though there aren't exactly a lot of those types of collectors, so it may be hard to find someone willing to buy it for a higher price. If you're legitimately interested in selling the card, I'd suggest putting it as an auction on eBay, with the starting price around the actual price of the regular card, and a reserve price of whatever you personally feel would be a value you'd be willing to sell the card for.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
I have the 3 Playmats released thru the premium box's

How much in Unopened TCG product are they worth in trade or would I be better off selling them on ebay?

Mostly want the Steam Siege blister packs and the Generations ETB and the Machamp, Gyrados, Mewtwo tins before the end of the month.

0918162319.jpg

Last edited:

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a casual player, and don't care much for competitive cards. I simply prefer nice looking cards over ugly ones.

Anyways, I managed to pull a Shaymin-EX. Apparently he's valuable, and I wanted to know details on selling him.

1) I have a near-mint/mint regular art shaymin. There's a few minor white marks on the edges. Besides that, it's completely clean. Would the white marks make it near-mint, or would it still be considered mint?

2) How much should I sell it for? I see a bunch of crazy prices, and don't want to pick a price too high or too low.

3) Will Shaymin-EX always be valuable, or will it die down in price like Mewtwo-EX and Luxray Level X?

4) Any recommendations on where to sell it? I may sell it at a card shop to get a decent discount off a booster box.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'm a casual player, and don't care much for competitive cards. I simply prefer nice looking cards over ugly ones.

Anyways, I managed to pull a Shaymin-EX. Apparently he's valuable, and I wanted to know details on selling him.

1) I have a near-mint/mint regular art shaymin. There's a few minor white marks on the edges. Besides that, it's completely clean. Would the white marks make it near-mint, or would it still be considered mint?

2) How much should I sell it for? I see a bunch of crazy prices, and don't want to pick a price too high or too low.

3) Will Shaymin-EX always be valuable, or will it die down in price like Mewtwo-EX and Luxray Level X?

4) Any recommendations on where to sell it? I may sell it at a card shop to get a decent discount off a booster box.

1) "Mint" means no flaws whatsoever, so it sounds like it would be NM.

2) TCGPlayer is a great resource for this kind of information. They show you current market values for prices and also historical information so you can see how the prices have fluctuated. It lists the current market price at a little over US$70. You can also look at eBay sold listings; recent non-FA Shaymins there have been sold for between US$50-80.

3) Its current value is almost solely because of its competitive use, so it will definitely decrease in price when it rotates out. There's also the possibly that it may get reprinted at some point which would also lower the value drastically.

4) Selling to a card shop would be easy, but you'll also not get the full value for it. Card shops are resellers and are always looking to make a profit, so they buy low and sell high. If you'd like to get the full worth of the card, you're better off selling to players directly, or through an auction service like eBay.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
1) "Mint" means no flaws whatsoever, so it sounds like it would be NM.

2) TCGPlayer is a great resource for this kind of information. They show you current market values for prices and also historical information so you can see how the prices have fluctuated. It lists the current market price at a little over US$70. You can also look at eBay sold listings; recent non-FA Shaymins there have been sold for between US$50-80.

3) Its current value is almost solely because of its competitive use, so it will definitely decrease in price when it rotates out. There's also the possibly that it may get reprinted at some point which would also lower the value drastically.

4) Selling to a card shop would be easy, but you'll also not get the full value for it. Card shops are resellers and are always looking to make a profit, so they buy low and sell high. If you'd like to get the full worth of the card, you're better off selling to players directly, or through an auction service like eBay.

Thanks! I appreciate the response. The internet hasn't been useful when it comes to average price.

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,
These are some of the cards that I have with me.
I plan to sell them, can anyone refer me a place in Dallas which buys them by card value?
Also, if anyone likes any card they can contact me ^_^
Here's the drive link, where I have uploaded pictures of all my cards individually.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6-SOKG7XyUOVmhxUThjeXhBZlk?usp=sharing

Thank you.

All of the cards are fake as far as I can tell.

I didn't take too close of a look on the basic common/uncommon/rare cards. Some of them could be real, but even if they were they would barely have any value.

All of the holos, including the ultra rares (EX cards) are definitely fake.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
Weird how everyone has such issues. The only misprint I have is a Trevenant EX with heavily smeared writing. It isn't a fake(you can see the black line inside), so I'm wondering if it ruins the value of the card.

Either way, he's not my favorite EX, so it wouldn't ruin my life if it did lower the value

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know the value of the Japanese Poncho Pikachu cards? I'd like to try and get them, but want to avoid being ripped off. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it seemed the most appropriate place.

Edit: Damnit, just as I posted I spot the thread to gather all questions like these. Going to report myself in shame

Last edited:

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Weird how everyone has such issues. The only misprint I have is a Trevenant EX with heavily smeared writing. It isn't a fake(you can see the black line inside), so I'm wondering if it ruins the value of the card.

Either way, he's not my favorite EX, so it wouldn't ruin my life if it did lower the value

Got a pic? some collectors might buy it or trade it off ya.

Shobberz

Aspiring Trainer
Could some tell me the value of a Holo Skyridge charizard probably an 8 if graded, and a Holo Skyridge Nidoking (proper holes not reverse) need values ASAP if possible thank you

Bumble2508

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys iam new here
I have pokemon cards from when i was a kid so they are at least 13 years old, i have been told that i may have some rare ones but tbh i have no idea how to tell or even what iam looking for !! I think i just jumped on the band wagon as a kid, i havent even ever played with them they have been sat in a folder since i got them, i have two maybe 3 diffrent types of cards, so any help as to identifying or where to sell them would be great, it seems a shame to just have them sat in the back of draw when iam sure there is someone that would get more out of them,
Thank you

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Hiya!

Pictures would be required in order for anyone to help you identify/value your cards. you can use an image sharing site such as Imgur and post the link here.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Hi guys iam new here
I have pokemon cards from when i was a kid so they are at least 13 years old, i have been told that i may have some rare ones but tbh i have no idea how to tell or even what iam looking for !! I think i just jumped on the band wagon as a kid, i havent even ever played with them they have been sat in a folder since i got them, i have two maybe 3 diffrent types of cards, so any help as to identifying or where to sell them would be great, it seems a shame to just have them sat in the back of draw when iam sure there is someone that would get more out of them,
Thank you

There are a few different ways you can go about identifying and valuing cards, but a relatively easy way to do both at the same time would be to utilize TCGPlayer. Simply type the name of the Pokémon in the search bar at the top (as an example, the link I used above is of a search for Pikachu cards), and scroll through until you find the card that matches the one you'd like to value. Each card shows you a current Market Price based on current prices for that particular card, and you can also click on the Price Guide link below that to learn more information.

Once you've identified a particular card, you can also use other sources to help value it, such as eBay sold listings.

If there are any cards you are having specific trouble identifying and/or pricing, feel free to take pictures of them to post here and we can help you. :)

In terms of selling, the easiest thing to do would be to sell to a card shop that offers to buy cards, such as Troll and Toad or Collector's Cache. However, as these companies are only looking to buy your cards to resell them for a profit, you will not get the full value of the cards if you sell them in this manner. Most people who sell to these places do so because it is relatively quick and easy. If you'd like to get a more fair value for your cards, you can sell them yourself on eBay, though this obviously requires a certain amount of work. You can also trade your cards for other ones that you would like better right here in the PokéBeach Marketplace, though we do require users to prove their reputation before selling here.

Best of luck to you! :)