How much is the Wii going to cost?

Probobly $400.00 dollars U.S. when it first arrives on store shelves. Just like the gamecube did in 2001.:)

Porygon said:
Gamecube was $200 American when it was first out. Wii is HIGHLY expected to be $250.

Oh you know what that was canadian when it first came out on the east coast. $360.00+tax.:)

Nintendo already announced that it wouldn't cost more than $250US IIRC.

On September 14/15 Nintendo have an event planned to give out details about the Wii, and Nintendo announced a few days ago that release date and price will be revealed within a fortnight (everyone's expecting that to be on Sep.14/15 though).

Abhorsen said:
Nintendo already announced that it wouldn't cost more than $250US IIRC.

On September 14/15 Nintendo have an event planned to give out details about the Wii, and Nintendo announced a few days ago that release date and price will be revealed within a fortnight (everyone's expecting that to be on Sep.14/15 though).

Will you have information for us when you hear the news so we know what is going on because my nintendo power issues have not said much about wii lately except that it is coming out soon and what games are coming out for the wii?:)

xxashxx said:
Will you have information for us when you hear the news so we know what is going on because my nintendo power issues have not said much about wii lately except that it is coming out soon and what games are coming out for the wii?:)
One thing you have to do is not rely on gaming magazines to provide you with new information. They're far too slow at getting any new relevant information out due to printing time and have been dominated by the internet's speed and cost (being free to find out). I'll simply post up any info I find out when it's released in the next few days since most people are gonna wanta know.

Abhorsen said:
xxashxx said:
One thing you have to do is not rely on gaming magazines to provide you with new information. They're far too slow at getting any new relevant information out due to printing time and have been dominated by the internet's speed and cost (being free to find out). I'll simply post up any info I find out when it's released in the next few days since most people are gonna wanta know.

Ok Thanks a lot and I get my issues 1 month in advance unlike th old way so in septembers issue there was nothing much about the wii except the wii's games and stuff but thanks for your help.:)

RE:  How much is the Wii going to cost?

Lord9511 said:
And how much will the PS3 cost? (For comparing [or whatever the word is])

$600 if ya want the good one.

My guess for the Wii is anywhere from $200 to $250. I highly doubt it will go bellow $200.

Like others have said, Nintendo has claimed that the Wii will retail at about $250 US. They are also HIGHLY likely to reveal launch dates and price plans for the Virtual Console system, as well as other games and developments for the rest of the year. I know I'll have my computer camped out at several gaming sites, eagerly awaiting Wednesday/Thursday's news.

Speculations:
Cost of Wii: $200-250
Launch Date: Before the PS3's US release date, November 17, 2006
Games: $40-60
Virtual Console: NES ($2), SNES ($5), N64 ($7-10), SEGA ($5-10). No info on a monthly subscription.
Other:
-Around 20 games at Wii's launch, including LoZ: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Elebits, Wii Sports, Red Steel, and many more.
-Some games might be bundled with free Virtual Console games, most likely based around the purchased game (ex: Metroid Prime 3 would most likely have NES Metroid).
-The console will most likely be available in Black or White. Controller color schemes are unannounced. I'm personally hoping for a skin line like the 360 faceplates...

Anything I'm forgetting, let me know. The console comes with a Wii-mote and (I think) the analog attachment.

IIRC I remember reading that the games will not cost more than $50, I don't have a source, though. The controller will defiantly come with the Nunchuck; also, the prices and payment method for the VC games are not yet known.

$250.00 for wii and $50 for games. That is from an article I read from Cnet this morning that my mom got for me.:)

Back