Collecting How Much do You Spend on Pokémon?

I usually do 2 prereleases and get a ETB for every set. Then I buy singles and full arts for cards that I think my be useful in the future. I've also been slowly chipping away at collecting older sets. Buying $20-$30 worth of commons, uncommons and rares once a month or so. Then if I see a cool set of sleeves I tend to pick those up too. All in all I probably spend $1000-$1500 or so a year.

This is insane to think about how much we actually spend on Pokemon, it's definitely more than we should, but ill do the math anyways as much as I don't want to see it.
We buy a Box about every month, just for the fun in pulling stuff x12 @$100 (1200)
We buy a two packs just about every week $8 x 64 weeks ($512)
We buy on average Two ETBs when a set releases so around four sets a year @ $40 each (~$320)
About once a year we will buy a Case to up our trade binders case is $520 ($520)
taking into account for purchasing singles for deck building we spend roughly $30 a month ($360)
Also splurge spending on random packs and collection boxes, Sleeves and Plushies probably totals out to about $150 a month ($1800)

totaling everything up, and keeping in mind that we don't always buy every month, but a rough total is a whopping:$4700 a year...
I guess it helps to have a well paying job and enough disposable income to enjoy our passion. This hurt my wallet a lot thinking about it.

I've only got back into collecting Pokemon cards these past couple of years and even then it's been inconsistent. But generally I'll buy promo sets and collection boxes that I like the look of. If I see a great deal on a booster box and I like the set, I'll buy it.

Currently I'm working on completing the English Break Through set. I'm down to buying singles of ultra rares so I'm working through it slowly...! I'm also getting the Mythical Collection boxes as they come out, and have ordered a Japanese Pokekyun booster box. I don't usually go for Japanese cards but I couldn't resist this set! I plan on completing it. Eek!

I probably spend close to 150$ a year on Pokemon cards... Every little splurge of Card I have bought have had at least an ultra rare in them. Just got my Korean booster box in the mail, can't wait to see what's inside...

Here in the UK. Toys r Us sell booster packs for £3.50, which in the U.S, is around 5 dollars. Quite expensive really.

Here in the UK. Toys r Us sell booster packs for £3.50, which in the U.S, is around 5 dollars. Quite expensive really.

Toys R Us is expensive everywhere, I avoid that place like the plague. Local card shops are the best, most of the ones around where I live sell packs 3 for 10$ which is much more palatable.

Toys R Us is expensive everywhere, I avoid that place like the plague. Local card shops are the best, most of the ones around where I live sell packs 3 for 10$ which is much more palatable.

I think they are just expensive in general here, a few shops sell them at that price. It's cheaper to buy them online but I can never wait lol.

I don't really have a set amount I spend, I mostly buy rare cards from the WoTC era so if nobody is selling what I want I could go months without buying anything but if the cards I want are available I have spent $1000s at a time.

I decided to get back into it on a whim and dropped about $200 on a deck. In the past, with every TCG I played, I had a similar pattern as with many players: booster boxes/individual boosters, get fed up and buy singles. But this time, I decided to cut the first part since I knew that I'd be spending more than I'd like to, and I am so glad I did. Yesterday, I had three Mythical Mew Collection Boxes in my hand since Target was doing buy 2 get 1 free, but I remembered how it'd send me down a bad path where I'd waste money on boosters, and put it back. I was pretty proud of myself.

So essentially, gas/tournament fees and individuals when I need 'em. Total count right now is just under $200, which I track through google docs.

Myself:
"Great going you spend 2000 a year and is too young for it on a card game which is paper!:( Them again it is fun so let me go get a box"
I want people to try tu guess my real age my PMing,

Back