How many rating points do you need to get an invite to worlds?

It is not as how many is it the fact of how you are ranked and how other people are ranked there is no specific points to have to get in.

T

Edit

You have to be at least above 1600 or more like almost 1800

>.< Wow, are you that stupid? Tristan already said that the actual rating points don't matter but where you are in comparison to everyone else. For all we know someone could be rated only 1700 and be ranked 10th in their nation while being 1700 rated elsewhere could mean you're ranked as low as 200th.

unfortunatly invites only go to the people that attend every single event every single weekend one is avaliable. It doesn't leave much room for those of us who play and do well but are cast out by the other players that go to every single tourny and do well. The only way for a lowly master like myself who falls into the later to geet an invite is to win nats.

novadragon07 said:
unfortunatly invites only go to the people that attend every single event every single weekend one is avaliable. It doesn't leave much room for those of us who play and do well but are cast out by the other players that go to every single tourny and do well. The only way for a lowly master like myself who falls into the later to geet an invite is to win nats.

Thats the spirit! And thats not true. My friend Andy(#5 in the world out of ALL divisions) doesn't go to EVERY tourney, usually just MN ones and the occasional Wisconsin one once in a while, and-*gasp* he is getting super close to getting an invite. If he tops at regionals he gets his worlds invite, so...

If you do good enough, it doesn't matter if you go to a million tourneys. For example:
If you went to every single battle road in your regional area, and got 4th at everyone of them, but then went to a single state and won, you would get more points for the single states than the battle roads.

Masters: 1850 is safe
Seniors: 1820 is safe
Juniors: 1800 is safe

That would be what you would want to have to book reservations and all...

piplup234 said:
Masters: 1850 is safe
Seniors: 1820 is safe
Juniors: 180 is safe

That would be what you would want to have to book reservations and all...

well i wish i was a junior because i have way more than 180. :D

Yeah I'd agree w/ those numbers, although expect that number to go up as Georgia marathon gains popularity(meaning more people will go, meaning more people will get more points etc.) Except for Juniors I'd say closer to 1790-1795 is safe :)

Back