How Many more Black and white sets?

Sanokumo

Aspiring Trainer
So I have a question about upcoming sets. I should preface this by saying I have been playing and collecting with my son for about two years now so not that long really.

I was looking at our promos while including the latest tins, I want to know if it’s significant that Victory Cup is #’s BW29 – BW31 Or will they just keep numbering past them? Zekram with the packaging art is number BW24, assuming Victini from the tin is #BW25 and the usual 2 to 3 promos that come with blisters for each set and our next set after NV will be BW again we will reach Victory metal very quickly. How many promos are there usually for a block? Also does Tropical Beach have a BW number?

So my main question is how many more Black and White sets will we see? Or is there even a norm? Like I stated I have only seen the last 3 or so… Blocks I guess is the right word. Platinum was 4 sets, HGSS 4+ COL, and B&W is now at three, but D&P was like 7 or 8 I think. It seems to me we should be looking at 2 more at least seeing as there are already 9 EX’s previewed with six of them having Full Art versions, plus there is the Japanese Landorous FA Promo and we have barely seen any of Dragon Selection.

It Probably all depends on Japan right, and they are still going with B&W, even though they have shifted to the EX’s, they still are doing the Full Arts. Or does it depend on the video games and we go until there is a new one coming out?

Now speaking of Japan is there a list somewhere keeping track of their releases I could look at?
I believe they have had Black, White, Red, Psycho Drive/Hail Blizzard as well as the Boy and Girl sets and the Victini decks, and upcoming they have Dark rush, Dragon Selection and the Reshrom/Zekrom Battle strength decks/ I’m sure I missed something though.

Its the games, and each "series" introduces a mechanic (EX was RE-introducing) DP brought lv.X, Pt brought SP and HGSS brought primes+legends. BW got FAs so...

Sanokumo said:
Zekram with the packaging art is number BW24, assuming Victini from the tin is #BW25 and the usual 2 to 3 promos that come with blisters for each set and our next set after NV will be BW again we will reach Victory metal very quickly

We learned from TCGO a few months back that BW25-27 are Scraggy, Axew and Litwick, and they are the Noble Victories blister promos. Tropical Beach is BW28, and the Victory Cups are BW29-31.

I think it's safe to say that we'll be sticking with BW until either the third version comes out, or RS remakes come out, at which point the TCG will switch to those like it did for Platinum/HGSS. Although, Generations I-III's releases were all one "block" at least in name.

Japanese releases so far (English release in parentheses): Journey Partners (McDonald's promos), Beginning Set (BW/EP), Black and White Collection (BW/EP), Battle Strength Decks (EP, except one card - Lillipup), Victini Formation Deck (NV), Red Collection (NV), Psycho Drive/Hail Blizzard (some NV, mostly BW4), Dark Rush (BW5?) and the Reshiram/Zekrom and Tornadus/Thundurus decks/sets (BW5? Promos?). Japan also has a lot more BW Promos than we do so far. Like, four times as many.

Right now, we are missing in English: 1 from the Battle Strength Decks, 47 from Psycho Drive, 48 from Hail Blizzard, 17 from the Zekrom/Reshiram EX decks, 14 from the Thundurus/Tornadus Gift Set, 69+ from Dark Rush and 23+ BW-P Promos.

Don't know but you ought to expect at most 4-5 more sets for BW before we shift to something like Grey( If it ever comes out) and perhaps a remake of Ruby and Sapphire if it ever happens. Should be cool though if it does, if HGSS is anything to go by, MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire ought to have nice EX's. Sceptile, Swampert, Blaziken, perhaps throw in Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre.

Since you can catch Kyurem in Black and White versions there probably won't be Gray unless Japan has a good plan. It would be nice to see a new set of Unova Pokémon. I'm guessing there will be 2-3 more sets or new ones until Ash beats the Unova league unless there will be a remake.

tyranicham said:
Don't know but you ought to expect at most 4-5 more sets for BW before we shift to something like Grey( If it ever comes out) and perhaps a remake of Ruby and Sapphire if it ever happens. Should be cool though if it does, if HGSS is anything to go by, MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire ought to have nice EX's. Sceptile, Swampert, Blaziken, perhaps throw in Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre.

We do already have FA Kyogre and Groudon though, so I'd be surprised to see them again so quickly...

Also to everyone, let's try not make this another 'there will/won't be a third game' thread :p

We will most likely see a third version. It's what's happened before, it's probably what'll happen now (please, Nintendo, Pokémon Ash!).

That said, there'll probably be about 4 sets coming our way. We have 3, so that would be about right considering past sets (mostly D/P).

I predict that there will be exactly 16 sets in generation V alone. Why?

Ruby and Sapphire; Diamond and Pearl
Sandstorm; Mysterious Treasures
Dragon; Secret Wonders
Team Magma Team Aqua; Great Encounters
Hidden Legends; Majestic Dawn
Fire Red and Leaf Green; Legends Awakened
Team Rocket Returns; Stormfront
Deoxys; Platinum
Emerald; Rising Rivals
Unseen Forces; Supreme Victors
Delta Species; Arceus
Legend Maker; Heartgold and Soulsilver
Holon Phantoms; Unleashed
Crystal Guardians; Undaunted
Dragon Frontiers; Triumphant
Power Keepers; Call of Legends

If you look at this, there is a distinct pattern, but not exact, but it is roughly there. PK and CoL are both filler sets. In Japan, Delta Species was supposed to be out after Legend Maker, so in essence, the last 4 Gen III sets were the whole Delta Species holon mirage forest island thing, while Gen IV had the HGSS, or Legend series. If you swapped Platinum and Rising Rivals with Legends Awakened, and Stormfront, you sort of could relate Ruby and Sapphire to Diamond and Pearl, while any Gen III card that is all about Gen I and II are related to the Platinum series of Gen IV, well in terms of release date.

Whichever are in Black and White, quote unquote Grey, and Ruby and Sapphire remakes doesn't really matter, but it would probably follow this loose pattern. The 16th and final set will most likely be a set in which to fill the void before the sixth generation of pokemon video games come out, in which, I hope that there will be side missions, mission givers, and coop missions. I remember playing Pearl and Soul Silver, and there are these long dungeons where you go into the enemy base. Imagine doing that with a friend.

Back