Discussion How I'd play Gyarados-GX: Celebi + Magikarp EVO

I dont know if this is what you're thinking hinting about @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK or if I'm just crazy- because I kinda want to package everything together- and I'm running out of deck space- and I might have 'perfect draws' in my head.... that only exists in the land with unicorns.

I like an idea of putting your opponent to Top Deck with hand disruption with a (Optional- Red Card), Deliquent, Torment Spray (Optional)...And I think Sylveon-GX is the best hunter for that combo...and then also preventing draw back abilities with Garbotoxin (Preventing card pull of Oranguru, Octillery, & Zoroark-GX). Once you've hopefully knocked their had away; you can freely Kiawe! onto Gyrados; to ride out the storm...

Supporter, Stadium, Active,Attack Board
Turn 1 Skyla-(Trainer's Mail) Brooklet Hill Sylveon-GX Magical Ribbon TapuLele, Magikarp, Trubbish
Turn 2 Deliquent Parallel City Sylveon-GX Magical Ribbon/Maybe Plea GX Lele,Gyrados,Garbodor(w/Float)
Turn 3 Kiawe Fairy Garden Gyarados-GX NONE Lele, Sylveon, Garbodor (w/Float)
Turn 4 Sycamore/Hala Brooklet Hill Gyarados-GX Dragon Calamity Lele, Sylveon, Garbodor (w/Float), Magikarp (EVO), Shining Celebi

So I think I'm almost in my head having a 2-2 line of: Sylveon, Gyarados, Garbodor, (so thats already 12); 2 Lele, and a single Shining Celebi.

Energy wise- needing to play 5 Fire, 2 Fairy, and 4 Water, Maybe a DCE? As stated above I think I'd want to stay away from Rainbow?

And possibly if you need to at the end- flip parallel around- to drop Garbotoxin- and establish Celebi and only needing 1 Water for the 2nd Gyarados

I would just use shining mew :D
This is probably the most efficient option other than the celebi version, as you can pull out 2 dce and slap them onto your gyarados. The problem is that if you go 2nd, they can guzma up the magikarp and easily take it out before you get the chance to evolve, considering you powered it up turn 1. But if you are going first, you can start hitting 230 as soon as turn 3.

I think if you're going the Celebi route to abuse the EVO magikarp attack I think opting to go for Max Potion x4 would be the way to go. Go for more of a stall type of build but with the potential to swing back hard

Back