How effective will Hunter be in the future?

tyrannitar trainer

Aspiring Trainer
what does hunter do?

Hunter - Supporter said:
Each player returns 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to it to his or her hand. You return your cards first.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

RE: Hunter

Link: http://pokebeach.com/tcg/lost-link

Hunter - Supporter said:
Each player returns 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to it to his or her hand. You return your cards first.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

I'm sketchy with its use, since both players can benefit (Uxie, Azelf, Crobat G, Luxray, etc.) I guess it will see some play in Gengar decks, but not much.

I agree. Gengar Prime will probably be the only one to actually use this card, in conjunction with Ditto to limit the opponent's Bench in case they pick up one of five Benched Pokemon.

I see it being a decent card with sable lock decks because those decks like to use disruption of the hand as their main tactic. This way even if an opponent decideds to put a tech back in their hand like Uxie or Chatot G you can make them reshuffle it right back in the deck.

Empoleon SF with lots of VS Seeker. Unless you are taking on Gyarados, anything else will have trouble with the lock.

i actually think machamp could use it w/ lumineon against non- SP (and sometimes sp too).

you play hunter and scoop your machamp, and the opponent scoops ________. then you use lumineon's power to bring up whatever the opponent scoops, use bts to recover machamp, retreat, and get a free prize. i like it.

Not as easy as it sounds when you also have to get the Lumineon active first.

I thought of using Cursegar instead of Machamp, belt it and switch it with Lumineon when you attack, then you can (next turn) use the power, retreat, attack, switch with Gengar and start again.
But the problem is that it's a bit slow because you need 3 energy for Gengar.

Hunter would be seriously abused to the max with Porygon2, if that card doesn't leave the format....

At least I can use it in a fun deck when playing friendlies.

Peace :)

Giant Stump + Hunter + VS Seeker + Porygon2 + Drifblim UD/Pidgeot Jungle + Boost Energy = Epic Unlimited deck.

Drifblim option is nice however I rather like to use PorygonZ evolution (if DCE - promo, if Boost - CatS), as it would be more consistant. Also, rather not want to play Giant stump since it would hinder the consistency once again as BTS is far more superior, and during testing with my DP-on list, I can successfully abused Hunter up to like 6 times on average however my list have: 4x Hunter, 2x VS seeker, 4x Junk Arms...

So yeah...

Dont worry about consistency in unlimited. Just spam a few Pory2's, start Huntering and you've won.
In modified however, this point is obviously moot.

i can see it now, the most redonkulous crobat deck ever, run's 4 crobat G and nothing else (maybe sableye idk I haven't gotten that far ahead) but it clearly has 4 hunter's, 4 poketurn's, 4 ssu, galactic hq, miasma, metagross SV, and alot of crying from your opponent, oh hunter's, why? cya

It will combo with machamp prime.
It will help to win the game-
When your opponent only has 1 defending pokemon and 1 benched, you use hunter to return the benched and kill the defending.
It will be like a SSU.
If you have a really damaged pokemon you return it to your hand.
You can have your opponent take more time preparing a pokemon.

I know for a fact that it can be used together with Uxie to draw more.
Obviously there will be more trainers if Hunter is used for this purpose, which means *evil laugh from Gengar*

varit said:
i can see it now, the most redonkulous crobat deck ever, run's 4 crobat G and nothing else (maybe sableye idk I haven't gotten that far ahead) but it clearly has 4 hunter's, 4 poketurn's, 4 ssu, galactic hq, miasma, metagross SV, and alot of crying from your opponent, oh hunter's, why? cya

Vileplume (HS Undaunted) and Spiritomb (Arceus) would like to have a word with you. There's no way you'd be able to donk that much with Crobat G with all the Trainer Locks going on in the current format.

Back