How does Weavile/Eggs actually work decently

Ultra Ball ditches Eggs, Level Ball gets everything in the deck except your Darkrai. It's actually quite consistent, especially with Electrode, but the low HP ruins what should be a higher Tier deck.

Yeah no. 90 HP is easily hit by every major deck...and so is 110. And so is 130. Umbreon doesn't do a whole lot.

It's actually pretty inconsistent. It's just a deck meant to be played for fun. 90HP weavile just too soft. The fighting weakness is also a deterrent

um, don't play any eeveelutions =P

Eggs are pretty easy to search out, and with dark patch you can hopefully stream Weaviles for a bit even if they get KO'd. The idea is, you only need 2 energy on Weavile and 2 non-Egg pokes in hand to OHKO an EX. if you get rid of their attackers and keep up OHKOs, you just might have enough momentum and resources to sweep.

It's pretty much just what it looks like. Just use Weavile to attack, while using Exeggcute's ability to make your job of getting Pokemon to discard much easier. But you're right, it is inconsistent. It usually starts using Vilify for 180 on turn 4 or 5, which is a lot slow then most other decks that can one shot EX's. But, after you get your first 180 Vilify, it actually starts running pretty smoothly.

By that point, you're deck should be thinned out of dead cards, and hitting the 2 Pokemon you need is pretty easy to do. As long as you can get Sneasel's out every turn, you can usually hit for 180 every turn past that. The decks biggest problems are non EX Pokemon, like Kyurem and Absol, which just ruin the whole point of the deck. It's biggest hurtle when setting us is getting those Exeggcutes in the discard. With a maximum of 5 Items to discard them, and 4 Supporters, it's much more time consuming than getting a Weavile powered up.

I deck myself out so many times with this deck. I'm really trying to make it work, but...it just doesn't happen. Even Electrode is kinda hard to set up, because you have to get two Sneasel out by T2 if you want even a chance to win. I'm not gonna waste a Level Ball on Voltorb. I run four Sableye and it's kinda helpful, but if you don't explode by T2/3, you're done for. And don't even get me started on having to open with a lone Exeggcute. The deck is fun when it works, but my luck is awful with it. I end up rolling with Darkrai than having to try and set up another Weavile by the time he's KO'd two of 'em, because they just run out of steam so quickly.

I even tried out Colress Machine, and it works to some extent. You mill yourself so quickly finding Eggs and Weavile that it's easy to burn through your deck. I recommend at least one Super Rod in any Weavile build. I run four Sableye as well, because they're great to start with and they're burnable, so that's something pretty cool too.

Does anyone else do anything cool with their lists?

Serperior said:
I recommend at least one Super Rod in any Weavile build. I run four Sableye as well, because they're great to start with and they're burnable, so that's something pretty cool too.

Does anyone else do anything cool with their lists?

I run 3 Super Rod, lol. Otherwise, my deck is just focused on consistency. It doesn't run Electrode, because I just find it necessary. I have plenty of Pokemon, and whiffing supporters didn't happen very often.

It doesn't work very well. It either gets donked or steam rolled because every Pokemon in the deck has very low HP.

3 Sneasel (NXD)
1 Sneasel (PLF)
4 Weavile (PLF)
4 Exeggcute
2 Voltorb (BCR)
2 Electrode (PLF)
2 Eevee (Growl)
2 Leafeon (PLF)
1 Mr. Mime
1 Ditto

4 Professor Juniper
2 N
1 Colress

2 Random Receiver
4 Ultra Ball
1 Level Ball
4 Dark Patch
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Super Rod
2 Rescue Scarf
2 Tropical Beach
1 Dowsing Machine

10 Dark Energy

That's the list I used at the LCQ at US Nationals. Never once got donked, nor did I deck myself out. The main issue with the deck was early game consistency, however, once I put in Tropical Beach, that all went away.

Surprisingly, this deck gains a ton from the new set despite being a Plasma deck.

Aaron said:
3 Sneasel (NXD)
1 Sneasel (PLF)
4 Weavile (PLF)
4 Exeggcute
2 Voltorb (BCR)
2 Electrode (PLF)
2 Eevee (Growl)
2 Leafeon (PLF)
1 Mr. Mime
1 Ditto

4 Professor Juniper
2 N
1 Colress

2 Random Receiver
4 Ultra Ball
1 Level Ball
4 Dark Patch
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Super Rod
2 Rescue Scarf
2 Tropical Beach
1 Dowsing Machine

10 Dark Energy

That's the list I used at the LCQ at US Nationals. Never once got donked, nor did I deck myself out. The main issue with the deck was early game consistency, however, once I put in Tropical Beach, that all went away.

Surprisingly, this deck gains a ton from the new set despite being a Plasma deck.

1. What did you place? Seems to be really ... "roughly cut".
2. Weavile NXD is going ot be so cool with this deck when PLB comes out due to the new broken tools.

I reallllllly don't like the Trodes in the list. I'd rather replace those with Level Ball or Bianca, simply because you run...wow. Seven Supporters. I need to know how you did. The Leafeon's interesting, but I feel it doesn't belong in this list at all. Go for the fourth Catcher and and a few Dark Patch or Dark Claw. That way you can at least OHKO Kyurem.

Weavile NXD? Yeah. That's actually a pretty nice one-of you could throw into this deck. Lol one Energy for 90. That's incredible.

Back