How do you use a spread deck?

corabed

Consistency is Key
I think this is the right place to ask this question...

Anyway, I decided to build a Kyurem-Gater spread deck to see if it would be a viable deck once Kyurem has come out, but it never seemed to work for me. It's not the list thats the problem I think it's just me not being able to use spreads.

So has any got any tips to use this deck, or spread decks in general?

Thanks!

Spread decks are cool decks to play, but require lots of techs and others to set-up.

For Kyurem and Feraligatr, you'll need some sort of lock to prevent damage from being healed. I would suggest Lunatone TM + Solrock TM. I assume you know what it does, so I'll move on.

You'll also need something that can finish off a game if Kyurem can't do enough. I would suggest Mandibuzz in this case, so you can spread for lots and take 1-5 prizes in one turn.

Spread decks do have its weaknesses, for example, SSU and Seeker, so you may want to tech for that. Vileplume is okay, but it takes a while to set-up. You could also run something like 1-0-1 Kingdra Prime to Spray Splash for needed damage and possibly as a back-up against Donphan or something like that, but its up to you. Here's a skeleton:

4 Kyurem BW2
2 - 2 - 2 Feraligatr Prime
2 - 2 Mandibuzz BW
1 - 0 - 1 Kingdra Prime
2 Solrock TM
2 Lunatone TM
Total Pokemon: 20

3 Pokemon Collector/Dual Ball
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Professor Oak's New Theory(or whatever hand refresh you like)
3 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Reversal/Pokemon Catcher
3 Super Scoop Up
4 Pluspower
2 Twins/Black Belt(in-case you fall behind)
2 Victory Medal
1 Alph Lithograph
Total T/S/S: 26

9 Water Energy
2 DCE(for possible T1 Outrage)
3 Rescue Energy
Total Energy: 14

This is just a skeleton, as there are probably other ways to play this, but hope you put this to good use!

I don't think you need a counter for donphan. You deal 10 per turn if they're benched, yes, but if they become active they hit you for 60 or 90, and you return KO with outrage. Or, continue spreading.

i like spread decks...take out the mandibuzz...just go for pure spread. take out the kingdra and add in

2-2 KGL

its probably the best spreader in the format. dont use feraligatr. use just kyurem and KGL

No Feraligatr? Your Energy attachment will be very slow. Also, one thing that Kyruem has over KGl is not having a Lightning weakness and doesn't have a double prize rule.

^What? Feraligatr is in the skeleton.

KGL is kinda nice, but Mandibuzz is just faster, but I realized I didn't add any Darkness Energy. Feel free to replace Mandibuzz for a 2-2 KGL for cleaning up the game.

Back