Collecting How do you organize your collection?

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
Hello fellow Trainers!

-This may seem like a silly question, but how do you organize your collection? By set? Type? I currently have mine organized by type, but am making the transition to set.

totally not a silly question... im kinda OCD with mine.
mainly organized by type... (main typing priority, then sub type, then Ex/Mega/trainer owned pokemon)
I include everything, Foreign cards, trainer kits, WC cards, product promos, etc as separate cards
if i have a reverse holo of a card, i take the holo or non holo of it out...

Whatever the settings are on the PTCGO. ;)

When I had a physical card collection, I organized first by set, then by card number. The only "interesting" bit is that, as a long time player, I technically had three such collections:

1. The binder set, intended to be an actual collection (rarely used for play, and only then because I apparently was short on copies).
  2. The collection for play, which would be in one of those TCG card sized longboxes. Cards would be sleeved if they had a foil treatment or something else I thought qualified them as "fragile". This is what I used to build decks.
  3. The extras, which I could freely trade or even give away. I think half of it was Base Set 2 and I never did bottom out with it until I just sold the entire collection (this and the previous two) all at once. XP

Update: I have the entire collection organized by set! :D
Now to put them in their respective boxes..... so tedious...
I have completely arranged SUM Base Set, Guardians and Burning Shadows by rarity and type

When I was a child and only had a few hundred cards, I changed the sorting a few times. Between type (because I also played with them), rarity and Pokédex number. The second criteria (for the same Pokémon was first level (because in the past there always was a level on the card). The Trainer cards used to be sorted by rarity or alphabet.

Now I have a few thousands of cards and I don't have the time to put them all in binders every time when I open something new, so only 60-70 % of the Pokémon and 0 % of the Trainers and Energy are organized.

Since several years I have had all Pokémon cards sorted by dex number (with megas and (pre)evolutions introduced later before or after their (pre)evolutions; e.g. all Eeveelutions together). Nex criteria for the same Pokémon is the release date of the specific card.
I never had the time to sort Generations 4-7 during the last 3-4 years.
But because this becomes too much work, because I always have to move cards when a new one comes out. So when I find time somewhen, I will sort by set. The promos will probably just be in a promo folder. I'm not sure about different languages and editions, though (First edition or not; English, Japanese, German, Korean, Italian, French). Because I only have little non-English cards compared to English, e. g. for Base Set it might be 95 % English, 3 % Japanese, 2 % German - and I don't speak about more than 200 Base Set cards or a complete set.

Back