Help How do You Organize Your Cards?

LBelleBird

Aspiring Trainer
my boyfriend and I have amassed way too much bulk and were unable to really find a good solution to storing them in an accessible way. Binder sleeves tend to get dirty after so long, so I don't prefer it but
then I could never organize it in a way that I liked anyway. I've been using trainer boxes to out my staple trainers and energy in, which I sort of like but there isn't that pleasant "on display" aspect to it.

Guess I'm asking, how do you store your bulk cards and organize them? What about staple trainers and Pokemon? Is there a systemuou have that doesn't need complete reorganization after a new set is released? I'm not against using binders or otherwise, I just haven't a good way to use them and have no idea how to organize all these dang cards. Thanks!

Sorry for typos I'm on mobile

I put the bulk I need in tins, the bulk I don't need in special closed plastic boxes that are meant for organizing stuff (like with smaller, open plastic boxes in them). My collection is organized set after set all by number. The trainers in my playcollection are in special 4x3 binders (aka playset-binders), which make it really easy for me. I order them by set and set number (alphabetically within the set). Only after rotation, the binder needs a quick restoration, but that's it ^^

BCW boxes are pretty sweet for storing a collection. They're pretty cheap, can be found at any LGS, and are sturdy. As for sorting, I would say sort the bulk into type then go for commons/uncommons, rares, and foils separate.

For anything you use, you could use a smaller card box or 2 (one for standard and one for expanded) and something like penny sleeves to help protect them. Maybe put playsets (x4) in a single penny sleeve to help with deckbuilding if you both play.

One last option for the bulk if it cards you know you will never use there are some sites that you can turn bulk in for store credit/a booster box.

We have decks we use in sleeves and then boxes. Got a s small binder for gx and rare then but binders for other Pokémon and ok one for trainers. Basic energy all in tin. My son has recently organised then by rarity symbol ie circle diamond star. Well I say he organised. He started then I had to finish because there were cards everywhere.

I collect only, since i dont like having extras around, or taking cards out of my collection to make decks. I sell my bulk, having tons of boxes was pointless. my collection is in binders, by main pokemon type, and then i have a typed up inventory by set.

Any bulk I have I put in Elite Trainer boxes. Every once in a while I go through it all and sort it, maybe by type or by era(All my BW-era cards, Generation 1, and DP-HS era cards got their own boxes), but usually it's just all put in there if it's duplicates. My sets I aim to complete are put in my binders, where at the moment I have everything from BW to GUR in order(Not complete yet though). Ultra Rares get a perfect fit sleeve, one normal sleeve, and a toploader and are put in their own boxes. It used to be all in a binder but at the moment I've wanted them separated since I had a mishap with a few promos and I don't want to risk hurting any valuable cards. As for reverse foils and normal foils, those are all sleeved in either a penny sleeve or an ETB sleeve and are put in tins. Energies also get their own tin, and Trainers get their own box.

In a more organized fashion:
Bulk Commons/Uncommons/Rares: Boxed
Trainer Cards: Boxed separate from Pokemon
Energies: Tin or boxed separate from Pokemon/Trainers
Ultra Rares: Triple-Sleeved in a perfect fit, a normal sleeve toploaded, then boxed.
Reverse foils: Penny Sleeved and Tin or Box
Foils: Penny Sleeved and Tin or Box separate from reverses
Complete sets and Promo cards(Excluding Ultra Rare promos): Put in a binder.

Hope this helps.

Back