How do you get *s?

Buying lots of them. That's really it. The packs are totally random, unless you really want to buy a scale and measure to see if one's like .001 higher or something.

Arcanine out.

There is supposedly a * card in 1 in 3 booster boxes. However, that would be very expensive. Buy singles if you can off of ebay or reputable sellers. I think you will find that quite a lot of people on here don't have a single one. I don't have any myself.

Arcanine 274 said:
Buying lots of them.  That's really it.  The packs are totally random, unless you really want to buy a scale and measure to see if one's like .001 higher or something.

Arcanine out.

The scale idea wouldn't work because the *s have hardly any holofoil.
Also, is it possible to get an engraved ex or *?

*s_ are_ awesome said:
Also, is it possible to get an engraved ex or *?

Do you mean an autographed Ex/* that only happens if you got the artist and get it signed.

Also I'm guessing you just started buying pokemon cards but the easiest way to get *'s is buy them online but if you can’t do that just by pack's at random time's at random places.

By engraved I mean with the name of the pack in the lower right corner of the picture. And no, I have been buying for about 6 years.

*s_ are_ awesome said:
By engraved I mean with the name of the pack in the lower right corner of the picture. And no, I have been buying for about 6 years.

well you should know that is on the card in that area is set icon and number

I'm collecting pokemon since the base set. I've bought hundreds of boosters and only got one Shining mewtwo. As for pokemon *, I only have metagross. Got it in a trade. It cost me a swampert RS and a blaziken RS. To get pokemon *, you should trade for them or buy them as singles. I don't think you'll get much if you just rely on boosters. No, there are no engraved ex cards (I think).

No i mean when you randomly pull a card with the name of the pack such as EX Dragon Frontiers in the corner of the picture of the pokemon.

*s_ are_ awesome said:
No i mean when you randomly pull a card with the name of the pack such as EX Dragon Frontiers in the corner of the picture of the pokemon.
Oh you mean reverse holo?
If you do I mock you for not knowing basic info about the card's.

Heck, go to Prereleases. I went to two prereleases, and I got a star every time I went to one. I don't know how! I got a regirock* at an LM prerelease and a Mew * at a DF one.

Back