Ruling how do you beat a blissey

DptyDoug

Team Avant Garde
I like the blissey deck they are nice but how do you beat it, before it beats you down. In my state blissey decks took juniors, seniors and masters divisions and creamed the competition. I thought about putting machamp from DP and Blastoise Delta from CG together, basically let them smack Blastoise around while he is doing linear rage attack, then when he is finally knocked out throw in machamp with revenge and use some strength charms and plus powers. Does anyone else have a good idea?

Mario is the only deck that has a chance to beat a well played blisssey. Even then, it wouldn't be easy. But I beat a blissey deck with Sudowoodo MT and Sandslash MT. No joke. Sudoowod rules at damage spread, and I can use Slash's first attack, so they can't attack me without slaming themselves. Stall with that adn sen in Hippowdown DP. It worked good, but I wouldn't recomend it for any BR's. Though Sudowoodo really just owns.

I managed to bet Blissey ex useing Gatr ex...but sadly I can only use them in unlimited now.

My Meganium deck can beat it, but its usually a 60/40 in Blissey's favor.

Fighting is the best bet and I've heard some rumors of Kingdra Swarm returning to anti that and Vire. Lake Boundary with Swirl = GG Bliss.

Mismagius spam? It should be able to do tons of damage. Or maybe Claydol EX (gasp). Claydol can do 90 discard, but needs some backup. Mismagius, if you're lucky, could probably do about 90 at least, with resistance, which lowers Blissey's attack to about 40.

I use clay doll ex lake boundary with stenght charm OHKO but i only have 3 stenght charm that is the problem .

I played Blissey at BRs last weekend and got 2nd with it. I lost to an Empoleon/Lucario deck where I had a TERRIBLE start + two lost TGW early & to a super well built water based deck that mostly used Empoleon level X where I had bad starts again.

In general Mario has the best shot at Blissey. I run 2 Battle Frontier in my Mario and it can beat my Blissey nearly every time. Without the BF it's even game or maybe even slightly in Blissey's favor if they run Holon FF energy.

Random techs like Mismagius are nice and can hurt but the thing is that you have to get that set up. Blissey is just so FAST that they frequently don't have time. I ran right over a Mime/Mismagius deck in one of my games.

Kingdra is nice, but IMHO it is probably a bit slow and usually vulnerable to early bench manipulation. My Blissey ran 4 Warp Points, a ton of ER2, and Holon WP for free retreat. It was usually fairly easy to disrupt any sort of setup deck like Kingdra with that.

Speed, Fighting types, and cheap attacks are the best Blissey counters IMHO ... and Mario has all that in spades.

Don't form a deck just to take out another certain deck. This is what techs are for.

A great way to take out a Blissey is to get them early - spread damage and heavily hit that Chansey/Happiny...thing before they are able to evolve. Then it's 1 hits from there. Lucario is very good at doing this, but there are always others that can help as well, such as Empoleon (40 to anything), etc. that can snipe as well.

Arcanine out.

That's why you need a deck that gets your plan(s) into play within the first few turns; for situations like this.

I play blissey with Infernape. Not even Empoleon could beat it at my league. Though fighting pokemon work good against it, I play Holon Energy FF, getting rid of fighting weakness and taking care of Missmagius. My Blissey downed an Armaldo deck, Infernape deck, Empoleon deck, + a lot more. My Blissey even beat Missmagius.
If you want my advice on how to take it down, attack it early. DO NOT send out a non-esentiall pokemon to stall against it. That is a mistake most people make.

Back