How can I improve these Serperior sets?

NewKidOnTheBlock

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone.

I will be battling against other BW pokemon. We aren't using Legendary/Trio pokemon and we aren't duplicating pokemon and items on our teams. Other than that, anything goes(pretty much Battle Tower setting). I have ideas for other team members ready to go. My only problem is deciding which Serperior to use. Your tips can help and I can adjust the rest of my team accordingly(not a problem for me). Thanks in advanced for any assistance.

1. Disruptor

Serperior @ Leftovers/Shell Bell/Red Card
Nature- Jolly (+Speed, -SpA)
Ability- Overgrowth
EVs: (HP- 252/Atk- 4/Spe- 252)
- Coil
- Glare
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail

The purpose for this set is self explanatory. I want to cause problems for my opponent right away by infecting his/her team with Poison or Paralysis. I use Coil to improve accuracy and Dragon Tail to of course force the switch and damage substitutes. I am not sure whether to use Leftovers or Shell Bell. I am guaranteed health from Leftovers but I could gain more from Shell Bell since I will be attacking with Dragon Tail. Red Card can force an ejection if Dragon Tail somehow fails.

2. Offensive

Serperior @ Big Root/Shell Bell
Nature- Modest (+SpA, -Atk), Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
Ability- perversity
EVs: (HP- 4/SpA- 252/Spe- 252)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power (Rock/Fire/Fighting)
- Giga Drain
- Substitute/(Light Screen, Reflect)

Okay here is my offensive set, no pun intended:p So I am pretty much starting off with Leaf Storm to gain max SpA. I am sure to take damage in the process. Once I start hitting heavy I will use Giga Drain to recover lost health. I don't know which Hidden Power to use. I want to do Rock to counter most of my weakness, Fire/Fighting to counter resistances. I don't know what to do with the last move. I am thinking of Sub to protect me, at the same time gaining more health to use Sub again. Big Root is an option since I can gain 30% more health from Giga Drain. Shell Bell allows a smaller recovery but it is from all attacks in stead of Giga Drain alone. Leftovers is too small and I plan on blitzing instead tanking. I am also thinking of using one of the walls(Light Screen, Reflect) to lower damage received and to give my remaining team a chance to prepare if/when Serperior falls. If Leaf Storm will make me overpowered without SpA EV's then I may add more to Hp.

3. Defensive

Serperior @ Big Root/Leftovers/Pressure Band/Grip Claw
Nature- Impish(+Def, -SpA), Careful(+SpD, -SpA)
Ability- Overgrowth
EVs: (HP- 252/Def- 128/SpD-128)
- Toxic
- Wrap
- Leech Seed
- Light Screen/Reflect/Protect/Substitute/Double Team

Defensive is probably the hardest to do because I believe there are too many variations when using a tank set. So to get started I want to get Toxic out as soon as possible followed by Wrap and finally Leech Seed. With Pressure Band I can deal more damage with wrap. I can also deal more damage with grip claw and prolong the Toxic damage. Big Root will recover more damage with Leech Seed and Leftovers will do what it does best. I want to use a wall(Light Screen, Reflect) to reduce damage taken or protect to prevent damage altogether. Substitute as a decoy for recovery or Double Team to also increase chance of not taking damage as well as it not being as restrictive as Protect.

4. Sub-Seed (first time)

Serperior @ Leftovers/Big Root
Nature Timid(+Speed, -Atk)
Ability- Perversity
EVs: (HP- 252/SpA- 4/Spe- 252)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain/Hidden Power(Fire,Fighting)
- Toxic/Hidden Power(Fire,Fighting)

I have never done this before as stated above. I assume this what Sub-Seeding looks like. First I chose Perversity to increase any stat reduction. I begin by using Substitute and Toxic. Afterwards I go with Leech Seed and Giga Drain to recover health. Leech Seed and Giga Drain paired with Big Root give me a ton of recovery. I know I will have problems with other Grass and Metal types, so I am considering Hidden Power to counter those weakness.

So that's it, I will stop here. I can do more variations with Defense but I don't want to write too much(like I haven't already) Thanks again for your time.

RE: Which is Serperior?

Your fourth choice is probably closest to what would be best. You CANNOT use a Serperior without Perversity. Yes, Timid would be great, although Modest would be nice too. Serperior NEEDS Leaf Storm if it has Perversity.

Serperior
Ability: Perversity
EVs: 14 HP, 252 Sp. A, 240 Spd
Substitute
Leech Seed
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power (Ice, Fire)

RE: Which is Serperior?

Oh god thank you lol. The game is coming out in a few days. I want to be ready lol.

Should I go with Leftovers or Big Root?

Would taking more power out of Sp.A and adding it to HP make too big of a difference? Considering that Leaf Storm will raise my power potentially 6 stages. Or is it a safety precaution to ensure that one hit knock out?

You say that Perversity is necessary. How can I improve set 2? I am really interested in that one right now. Sorry for my ultra competitive noobness.

I should re-title this as "how to improve" instead of which is better.

This Serperior plays almost exactly like Sub Seed Shaymin. I would use Leftovers with the moves HP Ice (If I know the rest of your team I might say fire), Leaf Storm, Substitute, and Leech Seed. This pretty much owns Blissey while being a huge offensive threat.

Back