• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Houndoom V

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
4 Houndoom V
2 Heatran Eruption Walker
2 Jynx UNM
1 Heatran GX
1 Victini V
2 Dedenne GX
3 Jirachi TEU
-------------------
4 Quick Ball
4 Switch
4 Great Ball
1 Fire Crystal
4 Welder
2 Boss's Orders
2 Marnie
2 Mallow & Lana
4 Spikemuth
1 Heat Factory {*}
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Guzma & Hala
------------------
11 Fire Energy
4 Heat Energy Eruption Walker

The idea is to consistently hit 200 with Houndoom, with Heatran from Eruption Walker as a backup attacker. Jirachi & Dedenne are there for consistency and that alone, Jynx is to move damage counters around, making it harder for them to KO you. I'm not sure about Victini V, and I would really appreciate any input ton the list.

Last edited:
Since Jirachi is going to be severely nerfed post rotation with the loss of escape board, and Heat Factory will rotate, would you consider swapping those for a 2-2 UNB Salazzle line viable? Also, swapping Fiery Flint for Guzma and Hala or UNB Volcanion?

Thanks for the suggestions! I think that I will swap Fiery Flint for Guzma & Hala, but I think that this deck will be alright without escape board, as it doesn't play it anyway, and it plays 6 switching cards. I agree that I need to find a replacement for Heat Factory, but because I want to keep the Jirachi line, I'm coming up short.

Back