• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Horror Hoarding (Gourgeist / Deoxys / Slurpuff)

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 4-4 Gourgeist PHF
  • 4 Deoxys ROS
  • 2-2 Slurpuff PHF
  • 2-2-1 Zoroark BRT
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Tierno
  • 2 Brigette
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Roller Skate
  • 3 Lucky Helmet
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
  • 4 Dimensional Valley
Energy:
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 3 Grass Energy
  • 2 Rainbow Energy
Strategy:

Basic idea is to hoard cards in your hand by the large draw power of this deck, and attack with a 200 HP Gourgiest, 10 x the number of cards in hand.

Ideally start with Deoxys and dimensional valley to turn 1 attack 2 draw 2 cards and attach a lucky helmet in hopes to draw 2 more when they attack. Slurpuff for mid to late game draw power.

This deck has a really strange engine that some how works consistently. It has no sycamore, birch, or even shauna as they would require you to discard or reshuffle your hand. Which will not work for this deck. Leaving Tierno as the only supporter draw possible. Roller Skates, Deoxys, Lucky Helmet, and Slurpuff to supplement it. With the only way to disrupt an opponents hand being ace trainer and red card. It is relatively safe to hold a bunch of cards.

It also contains no ball searches. Though it does use Pokemon Fan Club and Evosoda. It may seem odd but with the large amount of draw this deck has, it works consistently enough.

Either way, I'm trying to figure out what to do about this deck once Judge comes out. It seems like it could cause serious problems if Judge becomes popular. Though in theory this deck should be able to come back from a Judge a few times.

I kind of want to add another 1-1 Slurpuff. Im also starting to wonder if i should add in a muscle band or 2. It will decrease my hand size by 1 but increase damage by 20. Though it can be helpful after Judge. 4 cards + 1 for the draw + 2 from Slurpuffs can allow it to hit for 90 damage without any draw power in hand.

Unown is another card i've been tossing around. It allows me to have +1 card whenever I need it for damage or if I get dropped down by Judge or something.

Any thoughts on what i should take out for those cards, or suggestions for other cards.

Last edited:
I'm a starting to update the deck with new cards.

I took out the eeveelution and put in zoroark. Took out 1 lucky helmet and 2 escape rope for 2 float stones and 1 break. Pokemon Fan Club was also switched out for brigette.
+2-2-1 Zoroark
+2 float stones
+2 Brigette

This gives easier access to 2 cards from slurpuff and additional tech attackers with both mind jack and foul play.

Back