ORAS Hope For New Mega Pokémon Not Lost?

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Found a interesting bit of information that might be of interest to those who want more Megas for ORAS:

http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2014-10-15-entrevista-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-nova-habilidade-soar-mega-evolucoes-longevidade-e-a-new-3ds

Part to be read (its in Portuguese):
Eurogamer: Ainda existem mega-evoluções por revelar?

Shigeru Ohmori: Sim, existem muitos Pokémon com mega-evoluções em Omega Ruby e Alpha Sapphire, e algumas ainda não foram reveladas. Esperamos que os jogadores explorem os jogos e os descubram por si próprios.

Eurogamer: Será que o Dragonite é uma das mega-evoluções por revelar?

Shigeru Ohmori: Gostas muito do Dragonite, não gostas?

Eurogamer: Sim (risos).

Shigeru Ohmori: Quero guardar algumas surpresas para o jogo, por isso terás que jogar para descobrir.

Translation:
Eurogamer: Are there still mega-evolutions to be revealed?

Shigeru Ohmori: Yes, there are many Pokémon with mega-evolutions in ORAS, and some were still not revealed. We hope that the players should explore the game and find out by themselves.

Eurogamer: Maybe Dragonite is one of the mega-evolutions to be revealed?

Shigeru Ohmori: You like Dragonite a lot, don't you?

Eurogamer: Yes. *laughs*

Shigeru Ohmori: I want to save some surprises for the game, so you'll have to play it to find out.

Could it be possible there's more Megas available than already revealed so far?

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

G-Panthera said:
Found a interesting bit of information that might be of interest to those who want more Megas for ORAS:

http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2014-10-15-entrevista-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-nova-habilidade-soar-mega-evolucoes-longevidade-e-a-new-3ds

Part to be read (its in Brazilian):

Shigeru Ohmori: Sim, existem muitos Pokémon com mega-evoluções em Omega Ruby e Alpha Sapphire, e algumas ainda não foram reveladas. Esperamos que os jogadores explorem os jogos e os descubram por si próprios.

Shigeru Ohmori: Quero guardar algumas surpresas para o jogo, por isso terás que jogar para descobrir.

Translation:

Shigeru Ohmori: Yes, there are many Pokémon with mega-evolutions in ORAS, and some were still not revealed. We hope that the players should explore the game and find out by themselves.

Shigeru Ohmori: I want to save some surprises for the game, so you'll have to play it to find out.

I think Ohmori pretty much confirmed that we're seeing more Megas.
It's been shown that the demo data isn't all correct (Blaziken can get Ice Punch) and anyway, it was never confirmed that that was the only data in the game. I can see more Megas being ingame.

(*crosses fingers for Mega Tropius*)

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

His Goominess said:
I think Ohmori pretty much confirmed that we're seeing more Megas.
It's been shown that the demo data isn't all correct (Blaziken can get Ice Punch) and anyway, it was never confirmed that that was the only data in the game. I can see more Megas being ingame.

(*crosses fingers for Mega Tropius*)

Well I definitely believe it adds fuel to the fire of more possible mega evolutions, I don't know 100%, especially because transaltions aren't always perfect.

I know for a fact that this interview was before pidgeot and those megas were revealed. He doesn't directly say "some megas will be saved for the game" he only says that they'd like players will explore and find out by themselves. He says he'd like to leave some surprises for the game, but doesn't say specifically megas.

Call me a pessimist, I deserve it. I'm not saying there aren't, I definitely think new megas are possible, I'm just trying to be careful and keep a balanced approach.

G-Panthera said:

Translation:

Just to teach something and to avoid misconceptions, it's PORTUGUESE, both the language and site, hence the ".pt"! Portuguese comes from my country, PORTUGAL! Even if it was from Brazil, they speak Portuguese, although a different version just like English and American English.

At least it appears in a media but that doesn't rule out the possibility that game creators forgot to include them!

Leaf_Ranger said:
G-Panthera said:

Translation:

Just to teach something and to avoid misconceptions, it's PORTUGUESE, both the language and site, hence the ".pt"! Portuguese comes from my country, PORTUGAL! Even if it was from Brazil, they speak Portuguese, although a different version just like English and American English.

At least it appears in a media but that doesn't rule out the possibility that game creators forgot to include them!

Ah, sorry for the error then. I'm not too experienced in the area of other languages myself. I will make a fix in it.

I split this into a new thread from the thread for Hopes and Expectations, since it's based on information rather than personal wishes and expectations.

Back