Hoopa Unbound Revealed in 'CoroCoro' [4/12]

I'm curious whether these events will make it overseas, to Canada specifically because I'd hate to get shafted on something like this. Dialga at last....

I love it, I love it, I freaking love this creepy Pokémon!! I'm super curious to know some more about it's story!!

I will be honest, Hoopa Unbound really looks beastly and awesome. Its pretty much something that has elements of a dragon, a demon and a genie, with elements of a Asura, yet its not a Dragon-type which makes it even more badass knowing its not a common "Dragon type" even though it could be mistaken for one in appearance. I personally think this is one of the more wicked designs ever made among the Pokémon myself.

Hell yes! Unbound Hoopa is creepy but I love it! It sems that darkness and pure apocalypse can come out from thoses body holes. Waaaaaaaay better than the usual cute pixie thing that Hoopa is!
Bring Hunter J back from one of thoses holes of misery, join forces with the Malamar gang from the anime and finaly send Ash to the afterlife! Oh boy, all Hell will break lose!

Too bad that Hoopa's voice is just TERRIBLE and worse than childish...it's just so fake!

I'm hoping that there's something or someone who can put a stop to such beast because having the almighty creator Arceus being ****** by some brat Pokémon is awful.

Hoopa's design actually reminds me Mega Benette

banette-mega.gif

mixed with Palkia's design:

palkia.gif

Only weirder and scarier.

I hope Arceus brought his Insect plate..

Hoopa Unbound makes me think about Hoopa's voice in the movie, and how idiotic it's going to sound in the Unbound Form.

Creepy? It looks freakin' awesome, now that we get to see its official artwork... Finally, an actual evil/demon Pokémon! I can't wait to use this in-game!

Hoopa Unbound doesn't look like a Pokemon, it kind of looks like it's from Yu Gi Oh.....Hoopa looks good so if they do make a card hopefully it's of Hoopa.

Hoopa is such a rubbish pokemon even Volbeat looks like it could get the better of it in a battle. The unbound version doesn't look anything like a pokemon. There are other creepy pokemon out there, but even they don't look this bad and out of place.

I honestly love hoopas unbound form and goes to show that pokemon still has some creativity left!!!
I was so dissapointed when i saw hoopas regular design!! Im getting sick of these little fairy looking , my little pony , disney character looking legendaries Lol

pokemonkosh said:
Hoopa Unbound makes me think about Hoopa's voice in the movie, and how idiotic it's going to sound in the Unbound Form.

I would imagine they'd give Unbound a separate/deeper voice.

I'm very skeptical of hoopa-u's design.. to me, it seems like a matter of time before a ton of controversy arrises out of this. Parents probably won't allow younger kids to even watch the movie after noticing hoopa's devilish appearence.

To me, it seems really out of place as a typical pokemon, but to others, namely those who have a distaste for pokemon already, just recieved another complaint about it when they see this. Atleast houndoom wasn't the star of anything and often forgotten about.. and giratina didn't necessarly look devilish or is even said to represent anything evil by offical sources. Hoopa-U pretty much opened a window to a mob of more angry extremist.

Also yeah, the voice acting is terrible.. it doesn't even sound like the voice actor was trying to voice act, but rather just read the script without any emotion.

You know, I don't know if the movie is going to be good or not, as awesome as the ideia of having a bunch of legendaries fighting each other is, if it's just like 10 seconds each or if the movie resolves too much around Ash going silly with hoopa, then yeah, I don't expect it to have much replay value...
But regarding the voices, all you guys have to do is watching the movie in the original japanese with subs, that's how I see all anime and I guarantee you, it's much better...

Also, I don't feel Hoopa is out of place in Pokémon, it looks very Pokémon-ish to me, and I've seen those type of arguments before about other pokémon (I think even I at some point said the same)... in the end, I think those who don't like it will eventually warm up to it. if not, then you simply don't have to use it...

MegaBeedrill said:
I'm very skeptical of hoopa-u's design.. to me, it seems like a matter of time before a ton of controversy arrises out of this. Parents probably won't allow younger kids to even watch the movie after noticing hoopa's devilish appearence.

To me, it seems really out of place as a typical pokemon, but to others, namely those who have a distaste for pokemon already, just recieved another complaint about it when they see this. Atleast houndoom wasn't the star of anything and often forgotten about.. and giratina didn't necessarly look devilish or is even said to represent anything evil by offical sources. Hoopa-U pretty much opened a window to a mob of more angry extremist.

Also yeah, the voice acting is terrible.. it doesn't even sound like the voice actor was trying to voice act, but rather just read the script without any emotion.

"Out of place"...I'm still wondering what are the common traits of Pokémon, what makes something "Pokemonish". Hoopa is still the same annoyingly friendly pixie.
And what's to pick on Hoopa-U? Do people want yet another giant mecha-like beast?
People are always complaining about each new Pokémon.
Yveltal, Xerneas and Zygard weren't, thankfully, more of the same mecha. One was a blue deer-like creature with colored lights in it's antenae, the other was a bloodied claw of destruction and the other a god snake with hexagons and with a mix of colours from some rave party.
Besides the acting (going by this trailer) and the movie itself starring Ash, my main problem with it is the typical presence of only or mostly white caucasian people, despite being clad in clothes from regions were they would be tanned from exposure to the sun. Until Isshu I could understand that the games featured Japanese-inspired regions but with that and with Iris, Lenora and Grant, that the movies seem ridiculous with stuff like that.

bbninjas said:
pokemonkosh said:

I would imagine they'd give Unbound a separate/deeper voice.

Imagine our surprise if after that evil-looking transformation, Hoopa-U says: "I'll destroy you all" with the same voice as Hoopa! :p:D

Back