TCG Fakes HoodSquirrel Image-Based Customs! Making Fantastic FA Custom Cards! :D

HoodSquirrel

Aspiring Trainer
hoodsquirrelcustomsyoutube.png
Greetings Pokebeach! I am a fellow fake/custom card creator seeking comments/requests on some unique FA ex cards! Please take a look at some of the custom card creations. :]

I just recently started creating pokemon FA's so I still have a lot to learn. If anyone has any input on what should be changed/what I can do to make these better please do so! Also, if you happen to like what you see please check out/subscribe to my youtube page as well as my facebook page. I'm going to try to post new customs every Monday/Thursday.

UPDATE: 10/3/2016
Sableye EX (Art by Ilona the sinister)
14536714_1301458183198235_656889580_o.jpg
14518822_1296557423688311_1101365850_n.jpg
14489521_1295893273754726_881568051_o.jpg

artists:
Garchomp ex- Isar Emmanuel Díaz Rojas & Shirona
M Garchomp ex- MonkeydanceGuy
M Sharpedo ex- Theangryaron

Templates by aschefield101

I've deleted M Sableye-EX as per the request of the illustrator, Tails19950. Tails19950 requests that you receive their permission before using their art. ~bbninjas

Attachments

• 14537025_1301458383198215_273812746_o.jpg
    14537025_1301458383198215_273812746_o.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the IPOF forums, HoodSquirrel! I'm already pretty excited to see these quality custom FAs. We don't see many printed cards here, so it's quite refreshing. I really like the Mega Sharpedo-EX card - it's got an interesting yet fairly balanced effect, the colours look really nice with the texture and everything else looks pretty in place. Curious, how did you get the texture on the card? It's very nice and shiny. ^__^

I noticed that you're missing illustrator credit on all three cards. It is important to credit the artist of the art on the card, even if yourself. Since these are printed, I'm not going to ask that you add the credit to the already made cards, and rather you will need to credit the illustrator in the spoiler. In all your future cards, you will need to add the illustrator credit if you would like to post them on PB. =)

I did notice that the effect text isn't actually justified as official cards do, so you may like to fix that up in the future. Have you tried the 3D Mega Text yet? I noticed that your Mega Garchomp and Mega Sharpedo both lacked it, but it's definitely not easy to make. :p

A wild image-faker appeared! :O

bb kinda beat me to it, but welcome to the 'beach! It's always nice to see a new image-faker around these parts. ;)

A few things I'd like to point out:
  • As a rule of thumb on Megas, all parts of the Pokémon and effects go above the Mega rule box, but below the Mega text and EX rule box [Reference: M Sceptile-EX]. It can be difficult to get around the text on asche's PNG's, so you might like to work the effects around it instead. But I notice on both your M Sharpedo and your M Garchomp, either part of the Pokémon or an effect is over the EX rule box, which isn't something PCL usually does.
  • I'm sure you know this, as it's all accurate on the M Sharpedo, but on M Garchomp the name, HP, and attack symbols should all have the white stroke. However, on M Sharpedo, the type symbol in the upper-right should not have the white stroke.
And, in the wording department:
  • M Sharpedo's attack is very unique; never been used before as far as I'm aware. I think, though, that a more optimal wording might be this: "If your opponent's Active Pokémon-EX would be Knocked Out by damage from this attack, you may choose the new Active Pokémon." I unfortunately don't know of any references for it, though. :/
  • M Garchomp's attack should be worded thus: "Discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. Then, discard a Special Energy attached to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon." [Reference: Typhlosion BKT]
  • Garchomp's attacks both look good. Just remember to justify the text, like bb mentioned above. :)
Looking forward to seeing some more stuff from you! :D

Thanks for the tips! I already added the artist names for each card.
The overlapping of the "ex rule box" was actually intended to be like that. It isn't realistic but looks pretty cool.
The strokes on M garchomp are actually there. It just blends in with the foiling of the card since my printer does not print in white.
I totally agree with the text on each attack. I plan on making these over with the correct wording on the attacks.

Once again, thanks for the tips! I will keep these all in mind with future creations. :]

I've gone through and spoilered each of the cards, since they're large images. Also, you may like to consider posting the new pieces with your "bump" post as well as adding them to the OP, as it saves your viewers scrolling up and searching for the new stuff (which is more tedious). =D

Otherwise, I really like the Sableye line! You've really emphasized the fun, care-free nature of Sableye in the attacks and Ability, which is definitely pretty cool. You also found some really neat art! I did notice that the gold backgrounds for the EX rulebox and Mega rulebox are silver in Mega Sableye-EX, though. ;)

Back